N-card easyness to use

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Aril, Sep 22, 2007.

Sep 22, 2007

N-card easyness to use by Aril at 1:12 AM (1,153 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Aril
    OP

Member Aril GBAtemp Regular

France
    Hey guys,

People often ask me to buy a Linker for them because they are noob who don't even know how to use the internet.

I used to order a R4 for them because it's easy to use. Just drag & drop. Doesn't have save file, micro sd speed, patch enabled and all that stuff to configure.

Now I'm thinking about buying them N-card so I'd like to ask some questions:

- Is it really easy to use ?
    Because I don't want to try to explain how to make it work to people who don't even know how to burn a cd

2. zombielove

Member zombielove GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I find it easy to use, but I know how to use a computer.

R4 would probably be easier. Some people can't comprehend how to upgrade their firmware. It might be fine if you just upgrade to the latest firmware before you hand it over to them.

For normal use it's a process of putting the writer into slot 2 and attaching the USB cable to the computer, turning it on and selecting USB mode. Then you can just drag and drop like any other device. So it's pretty easy to use.

The transfer speed is much slower than other carts though.

All games just work. N-Cards don't and will never have any issues with slow down (like Castlevania PoR & Tony Hawk).

Build quality is great. The only issue with hardware is the battery (used to save games) is dead on arrival with some carts. If you're unlucky enough to get one you can just send it back and get another one.

Oh yeah, you might have seen on the news page there's a new device coming out for the N-Card. It's a USB reader/ writer. The transfer speed will be fast. And easy to use. Just take your N-Card out of the DS and chuck it in the reader.

3. Aril
    OP

France
    Thanks for the answer man [​IMG]

Then I think i'll go for a N-card clone:

Fire Link on DealExtreme

Because it's cheaper with BULKRATE, they also have a stock problem with the real N-card, I ordered one for myself to test 2 weeks ago but they didn't send it yet [​IMG]"

But the fact that it's a clone kinda disturb me [​IMG]
    I mean, maybe the build quality is not that great.
    I'd like to have some report of people who can confirm that the N-card firmware runs on a firelink card without problem.

I hope the battery problem has been solved with the new cards because I don't want to be flame by people [​IMG]

4. zombielove

Member zombielove GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    There is no difference between the hardware of any of the clones. I think they come out of the same factory. Just buy whichever is cheapest. Although I guess it would be good to support the original. All firmwares work on all N-cards and clones.

The battery thing isn't really a big problem. It only happens to a few people. And if you do get unlucky it's just a matter of getting a replacement.

5. Aril
    OP

France
    Thanks a lot pal [​IMG]

Finally, I ordered 3 "real" N-card hope they'll arrive soon.

6. wiithepeople

Member wiithepeople ^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D

United States
    You may also want to look at this: 2gb fire link

It has 2gb's of built in storage, but costs roughly $10 more.