N-Card Download Play?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by FireEmblemGuy, Oct 25, 2007.

Oct 25, 2007

N-Card Download Play? by FireEmblemGuy at 4:16 AM (844 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    I'm using the latest FW and I jsut tried using the download play today. I remember seeing a download play compatibility list, but I can't get it to work, regardless for save type settings. Is this the N-Card's problem, or is it just that Rominator is trimming DP data?

2. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    Probably ROM trimming.
    Why don;t you try to use an untrimmed ROM instead of wasting my time?
    and DP is not perfect. If you flash your DS it is perfect, but as of now, no other fixes are avaliable.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Not flash his DS, but the receiving one to make it accept Download Play. Flashing your own DS (assumed as the broadcaster) will not affect whether your friend can accept it. I'm fairly sure Rominator's trimmer is safe, but as the person above so eloquently stated, you should use an untrimmed ROM before wasting our time [​IMG]

4. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    Should I be offened by that? [​IMG]

5. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Actually, I was typing from my DS, so I couldn't put another rom on. But seeing as how crappy DP compatibility is with N-Cards and clones, I think I'll flash my phat and if I'm feeling brave, my new Lite, just because it came without a warranty.

6. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Download play compatibility should be pretty much 100% compatible by now. Anyway, you need to download the latest firmware from www.superdslink.com and try that. I think the file in the gbatemp download database is wrong, since the filesize doesn't match. Also like said before, try without trim, or safe-trim.

Anyway, with the latest firmware you get a download play icon behind the name of a game if it's download play compatible I think.