N-Card 8Gb questions

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by oxis, May 4, 2007.

May 4, 2007

N-Card 8Gb questions by oxis at 1:51 AM (1,442 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. oxis
    OP

Newcomer oxis Advanced Member

Greece
    I have a phat and I was thinking about buying a n-card from here: http://sky2k.com/shop/ncard-8gb-p-260.html

It was recommended by a friend and he says I would not need anything else to make this card work. Is this one good? I've seen other topics that mention this card but when I look at it it looks different that the one in the picture on the link. I'd also like to know where it would be safe to buy one these from.

2. bollocks

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    There are a few packaging and label variations of the N-Card (not to mention all the different brand names it's sold under), and the GBA cart linker comes in different colours and sizes, but they're all essentially the same. You might want to confirm with the store that you're not getting the Lite-sized linker if you have an original DS, though.

I've never bought from Sky2k, though, so I'm not sure how reliable they are. hopebuy.com sell them, as well as the DSLinker (which is the same thing), and I've bought from them before with no problems. Shipping's a bit expensive, though.

3. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I don't know about sky2k, but if there's a comment option available while checking out, be sure to ask for ds phat version of fireline. Or drop them an email as soon as you place the order if no such option is available.

4. jrdehaisx

Newcomer jrdehaisx Advanced Member

United States
    Best advise for DS... I have bought the N-Card of 4Gb, believe is not 4 GB! is 4Gbytes... that means 1Gb, so yours would be 2Gb... only that... Mine DID not work.

So I requested money back and they let me choose the best one there... R4DS

http://sky2k.com/shop/r4ds-microsd-english-p-256.html

And when you get that, get the 1gb jap kingston from the same place

Believe me you wont be defraueded, I know its $15 difference, but believe I would have spent those more, instead of returning my package and have to pay MORE for the other card... anyways your choice at the end, I am a believer, thats WHY I give my opinion.

5. Modrak

Member Modrak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    Bullshit - 4Gb is 512MB, 8Gb is 1GB...

6. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Yeah, they give the storage sizes in GigaBITS, not GigaBYTES. 8 Bits is equal to 1 Byte, so 8 GigaBITS is the same as 1 GigaBYTE.

- Sam

7. oxis
    OP

Greece
    I don't know if I should buy the N-card or the DS linker. I heard that they arethe same thing. But in reviews people say that the Linker is not as good as the N-card. I'd don't have the money to buy a micro Sd so I'd need something with built in memory. Any suggestions? Is there any way to use my Memory Stick that I use in my PSP inthe DS?

8. jrdehaisx

United States
    Nope, believe me I made a mistake with SIZES, so what I am not perfect... go get from the same place the R4DS is the best card out there, if you dont believe, I can tell you in a poll I created, it has earned 200 votes out of 250-300 votes and uses a MicroSD Card, so anyways yoiur Memory stick for your PSP is just usable for that and only that.... but dude, dont doubt, ask the people, what is the best Card out there- I will wiat for the response.

9. Rankio

Member Rankio GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Get a N-Card clone if you can't afford or care for removable media. If you like the idea of swapping SD cards, save up for a R4DS or M3.

Personally I bought a MK5 16gbit (2gig N-Card clone) for 60 bucks shipped.

10. jrdehaisx

United States
  11. Rankio

Member Rankio GBAtemp Fan

United States
  12. oxis
    OP

Greece
    Sorry jrdehaisx I did understand your answer. Can I or can I not use a memory stick pro duo that I use in my psp in my DS with a proper adapter. But in regard to the other answers: So sky2k is safe? if it is how long did it take for you to get your card? I've heard good things about the DSLinker is it good?

13. jrdehaisx

United States
    1. No the Memory Stick Pro Duo is NOT compatible with any of the Cards for the Nintendo DS. So first part is NO

2. Yes, Sky2k.com is trustfull, they are great, great customer support, even took my N-Card back and refunded it. It took around 1-2 weeks to arrive at my home, but I sent it to a PO Box then to be shipped out of the US. I did never buy a DSLinker, only the NCard and the R4DS

14. metalcaipira

Newcomer metalcaipira Member

Brazil
    If you have DS Fat, N-Card won't work, because the Disk Writer of N-Card only works on DS Lite' slot2 due to its size. I think it's better if you buy DSLinker, cause the Disk writer slot2 is the same size as GBA cart and works on DS Lite and DS Fat.