Hacking Mystery of the Disappearing DSiWare Titles

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS XL downgraded to firmware version 4.2.0-9U through the use of Gateway 3DS. Everything works as expected, save for one detail.

I can access all my purchased DSiWare titles only when using Emunand. The DSiWare titles are missing from sysnand, though. I found this odd as I never erased them and see no reason for them to disappear.

Because Sysnand is naturally on a lower firmware, access to the eShop is not possible. Is there anything that can be done to get the games back to my Sysnand? I really dont want to have to boot up Gateway mode or Classic mode just to play these titles.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
no mystery, dsiware is stored on nand, not the sd card. so it would not appear on sysnand if you downloaded it in emunand, etc. dsiware won't work with GW anyway, so you will have to play it on sysnand, and not in GW mode.
it is possible to move it, not super simple, recently there were some threads about it

Reactions: siFippo

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no mystery, dsiware is stored on nand, not the sd card. so it would not appear on sysnand if you downloaded it in emunand, etc. dsiware won't work with GW anyway, so you will have to play it on sysnand, and not in GW mode.
it is possible to move it, not super simple, recently there were some threads about it

thing is, I didn't download on emunand. I purchased these on my DSi and transferred them to my 3DS when I first bought it. they were on sysnand the entire time pre-downgrade. now they only appear in emudand

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
thing is, I didn't download on emunand. I purchased these on my DSi and transferred them to my 3DS when I first bought it. they were on sysnand the entire time pre-downgrade. now they only appear in emudand

ok, the downgrade got rid of them then, maybe it wipes the ticket.db, or just got rid of games the from nand, i'm not sure what the downgrade does actually, i never did it

Reactions: yuyuyup

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, the downgrade got rid of them then, maybe it wipes the ticket.db, or just got rid of games the from nand, i'm not sure what the downgrade does actually, i never did it

gonna keep looking into it. they appear in sysnand so they gotta be somewhere on that sd card

Riff89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured it out. I had to go to Data Mangagement in emunand and copy the games from system memory to sd card. then i copied back to system memory from sd card in sysnand Data Management.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: