Hacking Mystery App

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A mysterious app with no title, no banner, and just a black square for the icon has mysteriously appeared on my emunand right after I -didn't- install anything. Quite the mystery. I need to isolate it and destroy it.
HNI_0001.JPG

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used to get (Several) of those when i installed CIA's, you can go to Data management to remove them (i think)

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know much about emunands, but does the title show up in the title menu on the homebrew launcher? If so, launch it with the grid launcher, check bootlog.txt on the SD card, and get the title ID.

Reactions: Zidapi
D

Deleted User

Amloast everywhere i see people installing games to NAND instead of SD with FBI. Please use BigBlueMenu instead or try to remember that Destination NAND is just for NAND files just like agb_firm or the patched one. SD destination is for everything else.

Reactions: Zidapi and duwen
D

Deleted User

is that the cause of this problem because i experience it too:huh:
It may happen because of other things, but amloast every case it's because of people installing games with FBI to destination NAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

HOW DID YOU GET RID OF THEM?
You can try install them to a formatted emuNAND destination SD so you can see the titleIDs, memorize them and remove them from destination nand on your emunand. (make a backup first)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may happen because of other things, but amloast every case it's because of people installing games with FBI to destination NAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can try install them to a formatted emuNAND destination SD so you can see the titleIDs, memorize them and remove them from destination nand on your emunand. (make a backup first)
:shit: mine are on systemnand so that sounds risky for me as i have no hardmod

-Xin-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
OMG that's an annoying problem :/ , i hope you find a way..... but don't take the risk and destroy your sysnand for a mere unknown black icon...... it doesn't deserve it .

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a blank icon on mine under health app both sysnand and emu but nothing starts, I'm curious to know what that is.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had some on both emunand and sysnand, and as has been mentioned earlier they were always from accidental installs to nand rather than sd.
I was able to get rid of all of mine from both emu and sys nands by carefully searching titles with bigblue/devmenu (double checking titles on 3dsdb) and deleting them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo