MyNintendo Switch Rewards Coming in March

Gold.jpg

Coming up to the first anniversary of the Switch, Nintendo UK today announced the release date for the long-awaited MyNintendo Switch rewards. This comes just in time for early adopters to use up their Gold Points, any earned in March of last year expiring next month.
Nintendo UK Page said:
Since the launch of My Nintendo in 2016, Nintendo fans have benefitted from a range of rewards, including in-app items, exclusive discounts and more. An update to the service is coming soon, and is set to reward Nintendo Switch players in a new way.

Starting in early March, you’ll be able to spend any Gold Points you’ve accumulated in My Nintendo when purchasing Nintendo Switch software from Nintendo eShop on your device, or even via this website! You can pay for the remaining balance with Nintendo eShop funds, or any other payment method available in Nintendo eShop.
What are you hoping to get out of your Gold Points? Discounts? Games? Or perhaps Switch themes are on the way soon? Let us know what you think.

:arrow: Source

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically that means hold on to buying digital till the update drops. And then earn 5% cash back from whatever you buy.

Early adopters get much less though.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, with 650 gold coins I should hopefully be able to save some real money hopefully on some games I've really wanted for the Switch.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Fri gams? Sign me up!
You seriously believe you're going to get something decent back from this?
Well, as of recently, Nintendo has been offering a small array of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U indie titles for free with gold coins, so it's likely we'll see the same thing done here.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it'll just be discounts on future eShop purchases. That's fine with me. Might net me an extra game or two throughout the course of a year. It does mean everyone would have to spend it in some way before the points expire, though, so you wouldn't be able to hoard it for a big purchase later. The rationale, of course, is to get you to buy more digital games before your points expire. I don't like it, but oh well, I get a few bucks off occasionally. Thankfully none of my Gold coins have expired yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)