MyCard Option Question (Not Been Asked Before)

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by richardfong, Aug 29, 2006.

1. richardfong
    OP

Newcomer richardfong Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hey guys, just a quick one.. was wondering whether, on the DS mode, when you choose the mycard option on the top right meny to view your files, if you select a GBA game and click RUN, will it boot up the game? Or do you have to enter the GBA mode itself and select the game that way?

Im really wanting to avoid the GBA menus as they are a little unnecceary (I feel) to select a game quickly. Maybe a little picky but not a fan of the way the icons and text are inconsistent with each other, as well.. the etext at different heights then like the 'media player' text being all cramped... anyways im being picky and rambling!!!! back to the original point, is it poissible to bypass all this?

Thanks for your time

2. Zap

Member Zap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nope. You cannot do that.

I have personally tested this with my G6 Lite US version (4.3A) with Pokemon Emerald. The game was working when I loaded it through the GBA loader. Using this method, I get two white screens.

3. richardfong
    OP

United Kingdom
    ah ok then,thanks for your reply Zap.. is it just Pokemon you tried it with or other games too? Has anyone else tested this method????

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    ummmm, I don't believe this is doable because in DS mode it's configured to run totally different code (data structure of gba games versus ds games fundamentally different).....never tried it but sounds improbable. Why not just try running a couple games yourself on your g6?

5. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    You should know, people are not bothered to try anything first.

6. richardfong
    OP

United Kingdom
    Its not that i can't be bothered.. its that i dont yet have a G6.. less of the attitude please

7. 96hondaex

Member 96hondaex GBAtemp Regular

United States

I would try it for you but I can't at this time. I did the noflashme on my phat DS to return to NOA. I will test when they send me another DS (3-4 days).

8. richardfong
    OP

United Kingdom
    cheers 96hondaex, thanks for your time man