PS1/2 My XenoPS chip can´t read Ps1 games

KirbyPink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, i have a Ps2. It has the XenoPS chip installed on it. It can read Ps2 games, burned ones,just fine.
A normal Ps2 is a no-no. Yes, a original Ps2 DVD it can not read. I even tried the same DVD.
Ive read that it can play Ps1 games. So i download Resident Evil 2 CD 2, run it trough ePSXe and Psxfin. Works just fine, no error at all.
Start burnining it on IMGburn with no issues. Then i read it trough the EMU again, instead of ISO file i read it from the CD.
Works fine , no error.

So, i insert a Ps2 burned DVD into the Ps2. Run it and it plays. I turn it off and insert the Ps1 CD.
And.....! Nothing.

Huh.

I go into the memory card section and is greeted by:
This CD can not be read.

I go over to my friend who has a chipped Ps1 console.
Put it in.
And....! Works.

Okay.

The cd works fine. The ps2 can not read it.
Do i need to uptade the Ps2? Is XenoPS not compatible with some Ps1 games? Do i need to hold a button? What am i doing wrong?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the game work from your burned disc in the emulators? Many ps1 games had pretty good copy protection and i don't know if any burner with any burning software burns the protection correctly on disc.

Also, does it read ps2 CD game backups?

Does it have a funtion to disable the chip? Something like hold reset for 3 seconds on boot. Did you try that?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my chipped ps2 will only play ps1 games if i set my drive to debug mode (it is somewhere in the options, i cant remember where but you need to press triangle somewhere and switch it). maybe that will work?

KirbyPink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Does the game work from your burned disc in the emulators? Many ps1 games had pretty good copy protection and i don't know if any burner with any burning software burns the protection correctly on disc.

Also, does it read ps2 CD game backups?

Does it have a funtion to disable the chip? Something like hold reset for 3 seconds on boot. Did you try that?
Yes, the burned CD works fine on Emulator like i said.

By Ps2 CD game, you mean burn a Ps2 game on a CD?
That i don't know. Ive had trouble finding any information about the chip at all.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyPink said:
Yes, the burned CD works fine on Emulator like i said.

By Ps2 CD game, you mean burn a Ps2 game on a CD?
That i don't know. Ive had trouble finding any information about the chip at all.

If I remember correct it was a MI clone, I installed one of those and it had problems, maybe a bad chip tho. Does Triangle + Circle bring up a menu, maybe you can change some settings? Also maybe the SX wire is not soldered correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: