My Xbox Series S is not syncing my saves back to the cloud.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
So I started playing a backwards compatible game in my Series S. It downloads my saves from the cloud but doesn't seem to store back progress in the cloud. If I pick up my 360 and try to get saves from the cloud, it has no progress I made in my Series S.

Is there a way to force my Series S to upload to the Cloud? If so how?

Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Apparently the console only syncs back when a game exits. And by exits, I mean closing a game. It doesn't count leaving it on quick resume, so I must launch another game for it to do it.

Last edited by pustal,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I started playing a backwards compatible game in my Series S. It downloads my saves from the cloud but doesn't seem to store back progress in the cloud. If I pick up my 360 and try to get saves from the cloud, it has no progress I made in my Series S.

Is there a way to force my Series S to upload to the Cloud? If so how?

Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Apparently the console only syncs back when a game exits. And by exits, I mean closing a game. It doesn't count leaving it on quick resume, so I must launch another game for it to do it.
You shouldn't have to launch another game. Just force quit when you exit the game. Can't remember exactly how to do since I sold my xbox but I know it can be done. I think if you exit back to the dashboard and press the menu button on the controller with the game highlighted or selected, it will produce a menu with the close or quit game option.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might have to delete 360 cache, which is in storage management. it will go through like you had never played a bc game before, but your cloud saves will still download correctly, so don't worry.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
You shouldn't have to launch another game. Just force quit when you exit the game. Can't remember exactly how to do since I sold my xbox but I know it can be done. I think if you exit back to the dashboard and press the menu button on the controller with the game highlighted or selected, it will produce a menu with the close or quit game option.
I read it in an old MS thread there shoul be a close game option, but I don't see it. I think they removed that option since.

you might have to delete 360 cache, which is in storage management. it will go through like you had never played a bc game before, but your cloud saves will still download correctly, so don't worry.
Yeah but the issue is not downloading but uploading progress so I can continue playing in my 360.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read it in an old MS thread there shoul be a close game option, but I don't see it. I think they removed that option since.

Yeah but the issue is not downloading but uploading progress so I can continue playing in my 360.
Well, it will clear everything including profile, like if you changed your username, you have to clear the cache for it to be reflected.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sounds like something MS would do. I know in the recent update at least in Canada they removed the option to enable recurrent billing when adding gamepass cards so no more free extra months. Booo MS.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like something MS would do. I know in the recent update at least in Canada they removed the option to enable recurrent billing when adding gamepass cards so no more free extra months. Booo MS.
I like some of the ideas of the series x like bc, homebrew, but the system does some irritating bugs like ftp not working in dev mode at random times (on discord it's a known issue caused by xbox firmware), the weird issues like crashing and no sound also randomly when coming back from rest mode, and maybe others. I use rest/sleep mode a lot on other systems, so it's frustrating.

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like some of the ideas of the series x like bc, homebrew, but the system does some irritating bugs like ftp not working in dev mode at random times (on discord it's a known issue caused by xbox firmware), the weird issues like crashing and no sound also randomly when coming back from rest mode, and maybe others. I use rest/sleep mode a lot on other systems, so it's frustrating.
I never experienced any of those bugs with my series x but I didn't really bother with dev mode more than just to try it out. My last issue turned out to be with my sony tv. It use to turn on my sound bar when I powered up the tv but something changed I'm assuming in one of the firmware updates that seems to have disabled that. Guess it's good because it use to also just turn off an on and random times when the tv was in standby and that no longer happens. The TV was Sony's flagship model for the ps5 at release and didn't even get a propper 120hz update until the ps5 was out for almost a year. VRR and ALLM was a very late addition. A lot of users didn't think it was ever coming.

One thing I do like about gamepass ultimate is the ability to share the sub with my son. He uses it on his xbox/pc and I can also use it on my pc if I sign his account into the store just long enough to install the game or games and then sign him out. It is nice that I don't need to leave him signed into to the store to play them.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over