Hacking My WiiU autoupdated and I need help

sgakensymd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cut a long story short: I booted up a game. When I exited it the wiiu auto-updated and now I'm on 5.5.4 but none of my apps open. Homebrew channel doesn't work. my red triangle "DO NOT TOUCH" icon is still there.

I decided to look into reinstalling the haxchi and CFW (I had the WiiU setup where I didn't need to launch CFW everytime I booted up the WiiU) and I'm at the point where I used the exploit in internet browser to get access to the Homebrew Launcher.

I'm unsure what to do at this point and I'm worried if I try to reinstall Haxchi or CBHC with the DS game I already used before then I'll encounter a brick.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

OO804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you. I greatly appreciate your response.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It worked. Thanks again.

if you don't mind can you outline your steps you made from having an old working cbhc to updating to 5.5.4 to getting cbhc installed again? I'm intentionally going to 5.5.4 soon when I get my wii u out of storage, scared of brick, you clicked the do not click game?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don't mind can you outline your steps you made from having an old working cbhc to updating to 5.5.4 to getting cbhc installed again? I'm intentionally going to 5.5.4 soon when I get my wii u out of storage, scared of brick, you clicked the do not click game?

just install cbhc like normal. there's no difference in the steps.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the text and game icon have changed, there's going to be no way to know what game it is unless you search the mlc. the game won't be back after updating. chances are clicking on the icon will just restart the system. the only way to get the game back is to redownload it from the eshop, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Reactions: OO804

OO804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the game won't be back after updating. chances are clicking on the icon will just restart the system. the only way to get the game back is to redownload it from the eshop, so I wouldn't worry about that.

sorry, skimming a guide, it says
  • Requires a legitimately installed, paid DS Virtual Console game from the eShop.
just one more question, I have to buy and download the same game again?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, if you bought the game originally, the ticket should still be on the system. there's no need to redownload anything. you did buy the game, right? that's the only way cbhc would've worked to begin with; otherwise, you would've bricked the system.

OO804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, if you bought the game originally, the ticket should still be on the system. there's no need to redownload anything. you did buy the game, right? that's the only way cbhc would've worked to begin with; otherwise, you would've bricked the system.

yeah I bought it, I just don't remember which ds vc game it was and I'd since added some more to the menu, so no buy, no redownload, just click the game that cbhc should find for me?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the suggested procedure is to unplug the external hdd (while the system is off), go into the homebrew launcher, click on the cbhc installer, then follow those instructions. it will find the correct game for you, then ask if you want to install to that game. click yes, and I think the system will reboot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait wait wait...the wiiu STILL updates?! :wtf:

afaik, it's a change to the tos. the 360 got an update as well. I think it was decided in court that opening up a system did not void the warranty. that might be what the change is.

Reactions: OO804

OO804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the suggested procedure is to unplug the external hdd (while the system is off), go into the homebrew launcher, click on the cbhc installer, then follow those instructions. it will find the correct game for you, then ask if you want to install to that game. click yes, and I think the system will reboot.

thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I believe that new tos is Europe only. the latest elsewhere is 5.5.3 I believe. it's possible that the uninstalling of cbhc was just a side effect of what was updated rather than intentional.

OO804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
btw, I believe that new tos is Europe only. the latest elsewhere is 5.5.3 I believe. it's possible that the uninstalling of cbhc was just a side effect of what was updated rather than intentional.

yeah, I'm Canada, but last fw was 5.5.1 and was scared of updates and ruining my cbhc so I deleted system update folder (which I will have to fix) because now I actually want to update my system and games to newest versions.

There's a chance 5.5.3 will not uninstall cbhc at all which would be nice.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, it doesn't. to fix the folder deletion, you'll have to recreate the folder with appropriate privileges. I think the tutorial on that tells you how to. I'm still on 5.5.1. I just use nnu patcher to access the eshop. I think that works for playing games online as well. that's the last update that really mattered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1