Hardware My Wii's system files are corrupt, but I haven't done any modd

Insane_Cat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, my Wii started giving me the error "The system files are corrupted" after I hit A on the health and safety screen. I can't even get to the home menu. I haven't done any modding to my wii.

I've tried resetting the Wii several times, but it keeps giving me the same error. I tried removing the sd card, the game disc, and all the gamecube accessories, but it still didn't work.

I could mail it in to Nintendo, but that will cost a lot of money. Is there any kind of DIY fix for this problem? Even a fix that would require modding would be fine by me. I just don't want to have to pay a whole lot of money to fix my Wii.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of an unmodded Wii having corrupted files. Either someone tried to mod it a while ago and you forgot or you're mistaken somehow. Download Modmii and follow the directions it gives you, this will softmod your Wii. If your Wii still gives that error, then run a syscheck and post the results here.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
modmii wont help
its not modded and sysmenu does not run
hence no way of running any of the homebrew progs modmii uses

you could ship it to deadlyfoez for reflashing but that costs too
and there are a few things that you can try

do you have a dancemat or a gamecube controller? (to get into recovery mode)

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hold all four directions at once
(depending on controler you might have to disassemble it, but don't do that just yet)

I don't know how to proceed after getting there
but the people who do know will be able to help you faster if they know you can/can't get there

edit: you might want to try that one first
http://gbatemp.net/topic/291130-how-to-put-your-wii-in-maintenance-mode/

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This started happening to my launch Wii. The disc drive was starting to screw up so I simply got another one.

I've never heard of maintenance mode before. I'll keep that in mind. :D

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Mail Brick- Cause: Receiving a corrupt Wii message on the Wii Message Board
[/left]

- Symptoms: Will not load system menu. Maintenance mode works.
These bricks are VERY rare, as the only way to get it is by receiving a corrupt message on your message board. Like that, it would seem like it bricked on itself.

Required
* System menu installed (with its IOS)

Guide
  • The only way to know if its a mail brick is to access Maintenance mode (see below). As this disables the message board, a mail bricked wii will boot now.
  • The first thing you want to do is to uninstall preloader if you have it (since it bricks the Wii if you format). You can do this by downloading your system menu wad with NUS Downloader and installing it or by installing Priiloader (which doesn't have this problem).
  • If you got rid of preloader, boot the wii into maintenance mode, go to the wii settings and format the wii (make backups of your save files first!)

https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/unbricking
That seem's like your problem.​
[/left]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night