Gaming My Wii's GPU core is fucked

Retal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
whatthefucke.jpg

My Wii is just under two years old but warranty in the UK is only for twelve months.

45986676.gif

Retal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though my console was two years old and thus clearly out of warranty, they decided to "repair" my console for free, for some reason and without consultation. Nevertheless, I ended up with a completely different console with a GC2-D3-2 (v2) drive and protected boot2. My saves had been copied across by the engineer, but another sure sign that it was a different console, besides a visible chip on the outer casing, was that I had to sync the Wiimote to get it to work again.

So I take it this means that all my burned discs are now completely useless?

Sjaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got the same problem as you. But I'm not going to send my Wii to Nintendo, I'm not crazy.

I'm playing on my Wii with this problem for a year now, I guess it doesn't annoy me alot (however, you can see those lines in Twilight Princess too much. Good thing I don't play that game anymore
tongue.gif
)

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Retal said:
Even though my console was two years old and thus clearly out of warranty, they decided to "repair" my console for free, for some reason and without consultation. Nevertheless, I ended up with a completely different console with a GC2-D3-2 (v2) drive and protected boot2. My saves had been copied across by the engineer, but another sure sign that it was a different console, besides a visible chip on the outer casing, was that I had to sync the Wiimote to get it to work again.

So I take it this means that all my burned discs are now completely useless?

no your burnt discs are not usless you can use wiibackup manager and wbfs manager and transfer them to a usb device,

blackacidevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ouch Ouch,

Its not your GPU, theres a couple of questions though first

Obviously does this occur ont he black screen, the wii menu channel ?

Does this occur just for SSBB or all games that you play on the wii?

GPU problems dont give you the benefit of noticing theres something wrong, they usually greet you with a big bad black screen or stop the system from booting all together

My two guess for your problem is (ER two of them)

1) Redo your downgrade, get all the IOS's from network not download to SD card,
---- Reason : Pal games/etc out of region use a different format of picture, not much but slightly different, for example, if youvve got a PAL iOs or something corrupt anything, problems....

Im going to assume your using the Orginal Disc (ill get to the back up later) so if you using this, Nintendo wii reads a NTSC U disc and forces the video to such. So if you are using an old disc / orginal disc some of the changes you might have made are the problem.

---- The first thing you need to do is try a different TV and change the video mode to see if you can duplicate the problem

2) ONce you've done the above (and I mean go again and do the above)m comment tell me more ,
I'd Honetly then say theres either again TV problem or Nintendo WIi wrong ios or problem.

However, if all this happens to be the worst,

then its your laser that reads the DVD, NOT the GPU

Unfortunately what always does the trick is to open the system and remount and clean it , via air duster / compressed air, you'd be suprised the amount of dust in the wiis.

Get back to me

And again

Discount everything youve gotten comments about, Boot2, burned discs, etc. This is not the same thing, and you dont need to bother with the answers above, do this first.

Your wii will thank you.

Thanks

Ill be here all week

Rhos

Tp better explain its not your GPU, try and think of the GPU as (Well it is) a computer Video card, its made by ATI after all, if I had problems in my screen it aint the video card on its last legs. There much more complicated than our old Nintendo/etc U/A/T video out coxial.

Well I wont get into more, just get back to me

Oh one more thing, I was upset bout Renee Walker in 24 dying, what a FEISTY red head. She was really cute, and 24 now killed her off, and no wonder its going under. Reiko Alysworth was Michelle Dessler , she was great.
And I cant help feeling attracted to Anna Gunn on Breaking Bad.

Yeah I thought I'd add that 2nd edit.

kk

Retal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the part where you all missed the fact that I've already had it replaced. And as it turns out they didn't copy all of the saves back to the NAND. They left a few, including Twilight Princess, Mario Kart and Paper Mario off. I backed them up to the SD card but they cannot be copied back due to console ID mismatch.

blackacidevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well good then, I guess I speak for everyone that good, its fixed been replaced

Retal : like the part where you all missed the fact that I've already had it replaced. And as it turns out they didn't copy all of the saves back to the NAND. They left a few, including Twilight Princess, Mario Kart and Paper Mario off. I backed them up to the SD card but they cannot be copied back due to console ID mismatch

We all missed the part where we were so blind and arrogant that we should have called you on the phone or nintendo to check on the consoles status condition. Would have helped to "Tell us" not mock us.

I think south park did it best (Smug alert Hybrid Cars)

GOOD FOR YOU!!! THANKS!

smug_alert.jpg

Retal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shadic said:
Possibly. The saves were backed up using the system menu though, not a special backup tool. Further, applications like this one, that I've seen, require you to first create a dummy save using the game so that the save exists in the NAND before copying over the one you want to replace it with. Since I can no longer launch games from disc, and I don't have an available external hard drive at this time, I can't verify this method at this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1