My Wii won't turn on anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Uchi, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Uchi
    OP

Uchi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2017
    Canada
    Hey guys, i have a softmodded wii, that i use mostly for emulation purposes on my tv. it's a few years old but it never failed me in any way. except a few days ago after playing Metroid on a gba emulator, i left it running for some minutes and when i came back everything was completely off.

Here's the problem: If i plug the wii into a power source, the red light turns on, but when i press it it flashes yellow for a half-second, as if it were about to turn on, but then the light goes completely off/ black. i've tried different power-sources, an Ac-adapter reset, removing all the accesories from the wii, waiting a few days, basically all the solutions that helped people on the internet. nothing fixed it so far, everytime i plug it into the power, the light still turns red, but if i try to power it on, be it with the wii remote, the power button, or the eject button, it always flashes yellow and immediately powers down. i was wondering if there's a solution that doesn't include me having to mess around with the tech, that would be the last resort. thanks!!

Last edited by Uchi, Jun 18, 2017