My wii wont recognize a data.bin file

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by RemixDeluxe, Feb 21, 2011.

Feb 21, 2011
  1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I downloaded a save file of Mario Sports Mix from wiisave.com and I named the folder RMKE and put it in the directories private>wii>app>RMKE so the wii would recognize it. When I go into the save menu I dont see any save at all. Am I suppose to use a certain homebrew app to get the save onto my wii? if it helps my game is NTSC.

2. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    I believe the save file needs to be on the Wii and not the SD card.

If your wii is softmodded you should have priiloader installed...if so hold the reset button while booting the Wii and Priiloader will come up from there you can go into system menu hacks and make sure you enable "Remove NoCopy Protection". This will let you copy and replace save files that are normally protected.

If your Wii is modded and you don't have priiloader installed already you need to go do that now because if you brick your Wii you're screwed unless you have an older Wii with bootmii installed as a boot2.

Anyways, using priiloader is the easiest way to copy save files back and forth(which can be done in the Wii Menu under data management and save files)

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Ok thank you for the help. I was able to move the save file using priloader.

4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    I have just one more side question. Wii games that involve using wifi, how does the Friend Code work? Am I getting the same exact code from the player who uploaded the save or does it get randomized?

5. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    I believe like the DS it changes FC if you change consoles or if they haven't connected, you get one.