Misc My wii wont hook up to my New WRT54GL router!

spacedkadet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly im not totaly crap at this and i have tried almost everything i can think of:

I used to have an asus wireless router (i use virgin cable internet) which worked fine on my wii and other wiis i have softmodded. But it had a problem so i looked for a decent new router and found the Linksys WRT54GL. People raved about it saying how great it is so i grabbed one up. But my Wii refuses to connect here is the things i have tried:

It isnt a security issue as it wont connect with security disabled (i have also tried all forms of wep/wap/wap2 etc).
The firewall in the router (have tried on and off)
The channel - have tried them all.
Have also tried turning on the dmz and assigning the Wii to an IP outside of the dhcp.
Have tried changing the ssid
Have tried the tomato firmware/dd firmware and latest linksys firmware.
Have tried b only, g only and mixed mode.

The wii will just not connect at all but my other wireless devices (ipod touch and laptop) connect fine.
The router is supposed to be supported and most people say that one of the things i have tried fixes the problems. But for me nothing works
frown.gif

Any ideas would be great!

Lee.

EDIT:
Just tested with security off, the wii is 4.2e.

I cleared all internet settings, clicked new wireless, searched the new AP, it found my (unlocked) connection, i clicked connect and get error message 52130.
So i then turned on the dmz in the router and set it to 192.168.1.50 (outside the dhcp range). In the wii settings I set manaul IP to the dmz one, set 192.168.1.1 as the gateway (router ip) and also router ip for the dns and still get error 52130. This thing will just not connect grrrrrrrr...

spacedkadet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep seen both of them and followed everything they say. Ive also followed alot more links found searching my problem on google but nothing found fixed it. Im hoping for someone who is some kind of network engineer with in-depth knowledge of networking to help me
smile.gif
Failing that ill just need a different router which is real annoying as this one is supposed to be one of the best wireless "g" routers.

mrbongo

Trophies
XP
Country
i also have this very same issue,ive tried 3 different routers and all wont connect,i also get the same error codes as you m8,maybe were banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr