My Wii won't give a signal to my TV or anything.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Langin, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Hey everybody, I have a problem: My Wii(Launch model) stopped working a few days ago. >.> It is hacked, 4.3e as well

Kay I thought I'll leave it for a few days without power cable, etc. in it. Tried it today and well still nothing.

What happens? Well I start my Wii, makes usual sounds, nothing wrong but no signal to my tv! I tried 3 Av/component cables and all 3 did not work with 2 different Tv's. >.> My Tv. gives nothing no 'bruk'(very soft and not so loud) sound which it gives when something attempts to make a signal.

When I turned off all my stuff the last time, it made a HUGE ''BRUCK'' sounds, my Tv worked after it.(lol to be honest I've heard it many times when I turn off my Wii+Tv.)

Now I did sniff at the back side of my Wii where the fan is. It smelled like it was burned or something. 0.o I was like wtfcotb.(What the fucking cow on the barbecue)

My question: Open up my Wii and try to find the issue?

2. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    I would take a look see. The best way to find out if something fried is to open it up and look for something burnt. Most likely it might have been a fuse on the motherboard. If you can identify the one that's burnt out and you have some soldering skill you may be able to fix it. If not you can always look for a used broken Wii for very cheap. I got one with a busted DVD drive for $25 but is totally functional otherwise. If you did this you could just swap the working parts and have a fully functional Wii again. It will take some effort, but with some time and research I think you could save it.