Homebrew My Wii U suddenly can't run Homebrew Launcher or WUP Installer GX2 anymore

CupcakesForDinne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Coldboot Haxchi and after installing several games using WUP Installer GX2 many a time I'm suddenly no longer able to launch it properly, it just shows me the splashscreen and I can hear the background music playing but I can't get to the actual menu part and I have to force my console to shut down by holding the power button.
I figured maybe the app version on Homebrew Launcher might work, but the Homebrew Launcher behaves almost exactly like GX2, except that instead of background music I just hear a loud buzzing noise.
It might be unrelated but I can't get the console to connect to any wifi either, I saw a thread where someone had this issue but it was resolved by taking out the CMOS battery, which I tried but it didn't seem to help as it still refuses.
Any idea what my problem might be?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm using Coldboot Haxchi and after installing several games using WUP Installer GX2 many a time I'm suddenly no longer able to launch it properly, it just shows me the splashscreen and I can hear the background music playing but I can't get to the actual menu part and I have to force my console to shut down by holding the power button.
I figured maybe the app version on Homebrew Launcher might work, but the Homebrew Launcher behaves almost exactly like GX2, except that instead of background music I just hear a loud buzzing noise.
It might be unrelated but I can't get the console to connect to any wifi either, I saw a thread where someone had this issue but it was resolved by taking out the CMOS battery, which I tried but it didn't seem to help as it still refuses.
Any idea what my problem might be?
Don't know about the last issue, but the others could be caused by a corrupted SD card.

Reactions: Alexander1970

CupcakesForDinne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know about the last issue, but the others could be caused by a corrupted SD card.

You were right, it was my SD card. I was able to fix it by formatting the memory card. It's probably only a matter of time before it starts getting corrupt again and I won't be needing one with that much storage space after I've installed everything so I'll probably start using a different, more reliable SD card soon.

Reactions: Alexander1970

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You were right, it was my SD card. I was able to fix it by formatting the memory card. It's probably only a matter of time before it starts getting corrupt again and I won't be needing one with that much storage space after I've installed everything so I'll probably start using a different, more reliable SD card soon.
The card itself might be fine, and just got corrupted by power loss or software crashing in the middle of writing to it, or not safely ejecting it. There is some software you can use to test the card thoroughly, I usually recommend doing a thorough scan with CheckDisk (has to be done from command prompt) with chkdsk /F /R X: (replacing X: with the drive letter) which will scan for bad clusters. Also software like Victoria which will write to the entire card and verify the data written, but h2testw probably does just as good of a job at that. Victoria just shows a bit more in depth information (like latency, which if it's really high on some clusters that could potentially mean some clusters are going bad)

Reactions: CupcakesForDinne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse