Hacking My Wii u just arrived , some Questions dont wanna brick.

SnakeEater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Buddys , my Wii u just arrive and it is already flashed but i am missing the homebrew channel .
The Guy i bought it from has taken the Sd Cardout out so thats maybe why the Channel ist gone ? How do i restore it , must i flash it again or can i copy just the homebrew channel on my sd card (64gb) and it will show the channel again ? i am on 5. 5 . 2 e

thanks for your support

SnakeEater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok i will try , thank u .
my SD Card ist a Micro SD Card Adapter is this ok? 64 gb or i must have a small one for this ?(okay just read that it should work if i format fat32)

SnakeEater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay formatted the sd and copy the hb launcher to it.
restart the wii u but i see nothing... where should it be?

please help :(

where can i check if i am on cfw?

okay if go on the wii emulator channel then there the homebrew channel , is this right ? i thougt its on the wii u

Last edited by SnakeEater,

SnakeEater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sry for doppelpost but i are really stucked dont know if this safe?
please can someone confirm this is right? or should it be 2 channel
one for wii u and one for wii

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You said that you are on 5.5.2, right? If so, go to u.drg.li and click the big exploit button. It will take a bit but if it was successful, you will have launched into the homebrew launcher. If it failed, it will look like screen is grayed out. If you want to have a much more successful way of getting into the homebrew channel, buy Brain Age (Or if you are in Europe it is called a little bit of... Brain Training.) It should be a DSiWare game. And if you are doing that, get this https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases . Make sure that you get the Haxchi one, not CBHC. That will brick your wiiu for the time being. Later on you can get that. Now go to u.drg.li and click the exploit button and hope. (It will most likely take many tries for the exploit.)

Reactions: SnakeEater

SnakeEater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks but i already update to 5.5.3 because i could not download the ds games . now i have dr kawashimer brain training and try to flash but on the first try it freeze. try now the second try.

edit: okay thank u very much i had luck worked for me on the thrid try .
now i have hachxi. so i think from there it would be a cake :)

Last edited by SnakeEater,

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have other questions, don’t hesitate to ask me, and if you want CBHC, go to wiiu.hacks.guide/coldboot-haxchi
For any other common wiiu app just go to wiiu.hacks.guide or wiiubrew.org

SnakeEater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank your really much for your support Buddy. :)
I really have still a few Questions.

1. So i need CBHC to autoboot the cfw from Haxchi right? Is there a downside if i do this?

2. If i install Games or (Custom) Channels (Retroarch as Example) to internal is this safe or can i brick ? Maybe i should install everything to usb? (The CFW must be set on to do this right)

3. How can i run my Wii u without Gamepad or is a Way to turn it off (Would sell it dont care for Games like NintendoWorld )

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Yes, you must turn on dns blockers, otherwise if Nintendo patches haxchi, your wiiu is bricked.
2. Install everything to the usb otherwise you might brick, and yes, you need to run haxchi every time you turn on your wiiu for these apps to run.
3.You can run your wiiu without a game pad (hid to pad), but you still need the gamepad for the homebrew launcher

SnakeEater

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks again for the fast Answer.

I have noticed that you can run the Homebrew Launcher with the Wiimote to :) and there is even a Dpad Mod. So this should be not a Problem.

I think thats all for now i really grateful for the Help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse