My Wii U has scratches, some tips on how to remove them?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Goku Junior, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Goku Junior
    OP

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Hello everyone!, I have a Black Wii U, this Wii U it scratches easier than the Wii U White, so I need some tips how to remove these scratches, please.

Well, I searched on google and in some posts I read that I can remove the scratches using furniture polish and then putting some on the console and pass the finger covering the whole, then remove it with paper.

Well, thanks for seeing my problem!

2. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    I don't think mine is scratched yet, but OH THE FINGERPRINTS

ATTN electronics makers, stop with the glossy stuff. Especially black glossy.

Anyway, I'd be careful with polish and stuff, try on a small out sight area first. And make sure it doesn't drip through any cracks/vents.

3. Goku Junior
    OP

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Yeah, the marks are in the top of the console, so I have to polish it carefully? not know if I can put something else to remove those scratches, are very ugly :(

4. Jan1tor

Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    You could go to Autozone and go to their car WAX section. There you will find many color car waxes that should blend the scratches right out of the Wii U. If it works on car paint, it should work on the glossy plastic as well. Just be careful not to get anything that has an acetone base or the like that would melt the plastic.

5. Goku Junior
    OP

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Thank you, I will try it, but it would look a little ridiculous, but put it some car wax would work? if it yes I can put it by my self

6. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    My Black Wii U was scratched on Day 2. You know how that happened? I sat the Game Pad on it overnight.

7. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    I can confirm from first hand experience that the two console stands/feet that come with the Deluxe black model do leave scratchs when put on/taken off.

I wish we could get a matte finish console again, like GameCube, or even the recent Wii Mini.

8. BenRK

BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    What I would do is go to any ol store that sells cleaning supplies and buy steel wool.