Hacking My Wii U and vWii wont Recognize Disks, but Homebrew Apps do...

Mbucc9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have had this problem for about a year and I thought I'd try to fix it.

My Wii U/vWii decides not to read any Wii games in their system menus. BUT, homebrew apps like Wiiflow read and rip the disk just fine. I have no idea why this happens.

Wii U games work normally, its just Wii games. The picture below is the error code I get in the Wii U System menu when I try to load a Wii disk. It spits out a region error but my CFW should bypass region locking. If I try in the vWii syestem menu I get an Invalid Disk error.

My console has CBHC 1.6 installed. About a year and a half ago I bricked my vWii and fixed it by replacing the slccmpt01 folder from a doner Wii U. I am POSITIVE Wii games booted before AND AFTER I put a CFW on it.

If anyone could help out I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much,

mbucc9000

Attachments

• IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 132

Zombro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this won't fix your issue, but I recommend just ripping the disk to a USB using USB loader GX. It will save wear and tear on your disk drive and have faster loading times.

Reactions: Mbucc9000

Mbucc9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this won't fix your issue, but I recommend just ripping the disk to a USB using USB loader GX. It will save wear and tear on your disk drive and have faster loading times.
That's exactly what I did with all my Wii games lol. But I really want to play ctgp-r... I know there are alternative mods that can be turned into a .iso but I just don't think they are as good.

Mbucc9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what you mean, I want to play ctgp-r but my disk drive is dead. Hmmm, give me a minute to think about this.
Thank you... Do you think if I replaced the slccmpt01 folder again something would change? I already tried a factory reset and that didn't do it either.

Zombro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, i didn't catch that when i read you post. Do you know if the slccmpt01 folder was from the same region wii u as yours? Using a different regions slccmpt01 folder have messed up your vwii's ability to read games. You could try replacing the slccmpt01 folder again with one from the same region. Are you NTSC USA? If you are i could give you mine.

Zombro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the way, by vWii is modded with every cIOS for usb loaders and Nintendon't

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And some VC

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just try to not get banned, ok? lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended