Hacking My Wii shall rise again! But I need your help!

elb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii and NDS have been on hiatus due to my fascination with the PS3, but I would like to bring them back to life again. Okay, so I got my DS questions answered in the DS section. Now onto the Wii! My Wii has the 3.2 firmware and a wiikey was put in it sometime in January of 2008. I don't know the wiikey's firmware, but maybe you guys would know based on the date I gave you. I want to play newer retail and back up games, particularly PUNCH-OUT! So here are my questions:

1. Is it safe to update to the latest firmware and still be able to play old and new back-ups?
2. Is it safe to update to the latest firmware and still be able to play my retail discs?
3. Do I need to update my wiikey?
4. Has the dumping method and speed improved? The last time I backed-up some of my games, I used Rawdump with a special dvd-rom from LG. I still have these tools.

Any advice and heads-ups is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
1. yes its safe only u wont be able to play any outside region games.
2. yes ofcourse you will be able to play your retail disks.
3. no need to update wiikey
4. not sure Lmfao

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you asking about the wiikey or wii firmware and are you making backups on disc or HDD?
cfg usb loader about 20-30 min. .wbfs onto HDD
super dump about 1 hour onto dvd-r using an 8GB flash drive imgburn doesn't have to be an LG drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1