Status
Not open for further replies.

shaqdiezal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I'm in a bit of an ummm pinch. My Wii remote won't respond to my homebrew channel all of a sudden and I think I know why. The display on my television says that the homebrew channel is NTSC and my Wii remote is pal so it won't connect to the homebrew channel or any of it's contents. So I was wondering if there was anyway that I could do to stop the homebrew channel from being NTSC. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me on this. thanks Diezal

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
have you tried the re-syncing the wiimote as wiimotes are region free doesn't matter what console you have PAL or NTSC it should work

rolandpibb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can only sync remotes @ the official Wii Menu. I navigate preloader to the wii menu using a GC controller, then sync remotes @ the wii menu

shaqdiezal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well um here's the thing. My wii is bricked but I can still access the homebrew channel but when I do I cannot sync the wiimote to the homebrew channel. Any other ideas? Thanks for the reply

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Could you tell us how you bricked your Wii?

edit: Well i'll give aquick guess going off of your recent post sense i'm logging off
to me it sounds like you've removed your setting.txt

try running http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Setting_Replace_Mod and re-install you're setting.txt after installing it if your wii still isn't fixed try then re-installing your system menu IOS and the system menu
starting with its IOS, remember if your only using preloader and not bootmii then re-installing your system menu will remove preloader and could leave you completely bricked if this doesn't fix it

shaqdiezal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for that the app blackace but the thing is... On top of everything else my wii remote won't sync up with the homebrew channel for some reason, which means that I can't install cios 249 unless I find an installer that works with the gc controller. do you have any ideas on where I could find one or can recommend me to anyone that is capable of developing one please. Thanks

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOS249 has absolutely nothing to do with The Homebrew Channel.

The Homebrew Channel is compatible with gamecube controllers.

What IOS are you choosing for the installer?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1st off.

wiimotes are not region specific. I personally use a japanese one with mine.

2nd.

Gamecube controllers do work with the Homebrew channel. I suggest you use one of those.

shaqdiezal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
IOS249 has absolutely nothing to do with The Homebrew Channel.

The Homebrew Channel is compatible with gamecube controllers.

What IOS are you choosing for the installer?

I know but to use the settings replacer that blackace kindly gave me a link to so that I can fix my bricked wii I need the latest ios 249 which I can't install using my gc controller.

Posts merged

TroyTheZombie said:
1st off.

wiimotes are not region specific. I personally use a japanese one with mine.

2nd.

Gamecube controllers do work with the Homebrew channel. I suggest you use one of those.

For number 1 I know but for some reason my wii remote just doesn't want to sync up with it but it syncs up with purchased games without a hitch. And for number 2 i know and thanks for the suggestion

Posts merged
TroyTheZombie said:

QUOTE(yobemal @ Nov 28 2009, 09:09 PM)
are u using any "attachments" on the Wiimote, like chargeable batteries or something?

Not that I know of. I'm just using standard kodak ones

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a second wii wiimote to try i had a wiimote that when i went into HBC the hand would go upside down and go oppisite way to what you pointed it (and yes the HBC channel was not upside down) the wiimote was buggered

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
then use the wiininja wad manager mod and install the cIOS from my guide using a gamecube controller
biggrin.gif

shaqdiezal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
Do you have a second wii wiimote to try i had a wiimote that when i went into HBC the hand would go upside down and go oppisite way to what you pointed it (and yes the HBC channel was not upside down) the wiimote was buggered

Both the wii remotes that I have do not wok on the channel. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

shaqdiezal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
then use the wiininja wad manager mod and install the cIOS from my guide using a gamecube controller
biggrin.gif

Thanks xzxero I'll try anything now. I don't suppose you could post a link to your guide please. Thanks again

ppol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem as shaq. I was running 4.1U and tried to install cIOS53-trucha.wad via Wadmanager 1.5. I haven't used my wii for months, and couldn't remember if this was the right way to update the system so I could play New Super Mario Bros.

I have a D2CKey, and boot2 installed, and backups of my NAND when it was 3.2U and 4.1U.

Unfortunately I cannot boot to the Wii System menu, but can access bootmii restorer v0.6 via the SDCard. I can access HBC 1.03, however my wiimotes (all four of them) will not sync, so I cannot re-load wadmanager to try to uninstall the IOS53-trucha.wad file.

I restored successfully to both 4.1U and 3.2U, but still cannot access my system menu, and cannot get my wiimote to link to HBC. My HBC does connect to the internet and tries to download 1.0.6, but I can't click "ok" as my wiimote won't work.

So far my Wii is bricked, despite being able to load my NAND backups. Any tips?

I'm thinking of buying a classic controller and seeing if I can control HBC, but unsure if uninstalling that updated cIOS53-trucha.wad will repair my system menu. I though the NAND backup would restore any damage that I had done, but not so
frown.gif

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like a bluetooth problem but try putting a couple of lit candles around and in front of your tv just make sure its not the sensor bar (candles detect infared light and make the wiimotes work without sensor bar conected)

ppol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Sounds like a bluetooth problem but try putting a couple of lit candles around and in front of your tv just make sure its not the sensor bar (candles detect infared light and make the wiimotes work without sensor bar conected)

Not sure how serious you are - fortunately I don't have any candles, otherwise I'd probably give that a go. Unless I can somehow navigate the menus in HBC so that I can get back into wadmanager to uninstall the cios53 (or install an alternate IOS), then I'm stuck being bricked.

May have to find a mate with a gamecube controller, or buy one to see if I can recover. Lucky I have bootmii installed in boot2, or else I'd be totally bricked.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
ppol said:
cobleman said:

Not sure how serious you are - fortunately I don't have any candles, otherwise I'd probably give that a go. Unless I can somehow navigate the menus in HBC so that I can get back into wadmanager to uninstall the cios53 (or install an alternate IOS), then I'm stuck being bricked.

May have to find a mate with a gamecube controller, or buy one to see if I can recover. Lucky I have bootmii installed in boot2, or else I'd be totally bricked.
Believe me the candles work no bullsh&t dead honest truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs