Hacking My Wii NAND backup on his Wii...

• Thread starter Deleted member 180466
  • Start date
  • Views 2,092
  • Replies 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 180466

OP
I wonder if I can use my own Wii NAND backup on a other Wii but still have that person Key.bin? Because I want to hack/softmod his Wii from the ground but he did not have a Wii NAND backup. I do not want him to have the same friend code, serial number and so on, as I have. Do you think it would have worked out?

/GHBAimen

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
don't bother.

Mod his wii using modmii.

What you're talking about doing is way too much effort, and then to have to switch everything so it is not the same as yours is even more too much effort.

Here's another recent thread of someone trying to something rather similar. http://gbatemp.net/t272704-wii-nand-on-another-wii

But if you must know, this is a thread about betwiin that lets you convert a nand from one wii to be used on another. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=173226

D

Deleted member 180466

OP
DeadlyFoez said:
don't bother.

Mod his wii using modmii.

What you're talking about doing is way too much effort, and then to have to switch everything so it is not the same as yours is even more too much effort.

Here's another recent thread of someone trying to something rather similar. http://gbatemp.net/t272704-wii-nand-on-another-wii

But if you must know, this is a thread about betwiin that lets you convert a nand from one wii to be used on another. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=173226

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Jan 15 2011, 10:09 PM) and then to have to switch everything so it is not the same as yours is even more too much effort.

I did not understand what you mean.

So it does not work to make a Wii NAND backup of both his and my Wii and use my Wii NAND backup on his Wii, but using his own Key.bin? Just like that?

And it's a must that you must use Betwiin and convert my Wii NAND backup for it to work on a another Wii?

But I think it is better to follow your advice. I trust you. I mean, you're not some guy from Nintendo, which sits at the customer service and responding to mass telephone calls and says: "Take out the plug for 10 minutes so it works." You are DeadlyFoez. Welcome back to GBATemp.
yaywii.gif

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
GHBAimen said:
I did not understand what you mean.

So it does not work to make a Wii NAND backup of both his and my Wii and use my Wii NAND backup on his Wii, but using his own Key.bin? Just like that?

And it's a must that you must use Betwiin and convert my Wii NAND backup for it to work on a another Wii?

But I think it is better to follow your advice. I trust you. I mean, you're not some guy from Nintendo, which sits at the customer service and responding to mass telephone calls and says: "Take out the plug for 10 minutes so it works." You are DeadlyFoez. Welcome back to GBATemp.
yaywii.gif
Yes, you would have to use betwiin bc each nand is encrypted with a per-console key. So one nand backup is not compatible for another wii without converting it. And trying to do so can be a waste of time if there are some bad blocks on his wii's nand and a part of the system menu lands on that bad block then the wii will not boot into the system menu.

It can take about 45 minutes to convert a nand from one wii to another. And then if you dont want him to have the same serial number and friends codes and other stuff then you have to manually do that which can be a pain in the ass to do if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

Plus, on top of it, if he does not have the same boot1 version then you'd have to do some hex editing which can be a real pain in the ass.

Just there is SOOOO much that can go wrong, and especially if he does not have bootmii installed to boot2 then it can be dangerous.

ModMii is safer, easier, and less frustrating
biggrin.gif

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
softmodding will take you just a few minutes soo it's way easier. i tried modmii it's super easy and also handy for downloading cioses ,etc. don't use it when i mod wii's though. i do it usually a bit easier
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte