My Wii is getting slow

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Feb 22, 2011.

Feb 22, 2011
  1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Hi
    I wonder why is this, but everytime I put the channel manager on Wii settings, the channels show up after like 15 seconds!!!, my nephew's Wii show the channels almost instantly, of course I have a lot of games installed but they are in the SD card, no in the NAND.

It's because the big number of the tickets?

2. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Hi again ;D

Perhaps you´ve got too much tickets erased improperly. An example of this is when you install wads, and you delete them through disc channel. You must use *carefully* any Anytitler MOD Deleter or compatible (so you can actually can see what those IOS numbers/app ID mean) to erase any leftover tickets which may be stuck in there.

Also, make sure your SD isn´t fragmented (just in case).

And always delete WADS you installed before, through a proper WAD app, like wad manager and using the source WAD file you had before installing it.

3. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    By this do you mean you press "Start" and they take forever to load?

SAME! HELP.

4. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Hey Coto =D

I always delete the leftovers, (exept for my actual purchases =P)
    I wonder if the NAND "needs" read every ticket before showing up the channels, because I have a shiton of games in the SD card.

5. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    2 friends of mine have/had this issue. AFAIK, nobody knows the cause. Formatting fixed it for one of them.

The other bricked from formatting and had to use bootmii. He still has the issue after the restore.

6. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    I have noticed that the Wii System Menu takes some time "loading" for lack of a better word. I don't know if it may be due to Priiloader hacks (No Title Delete, Block Updates, Skip Health Screen) the amount of channels, message/calendar entries, or some combination of all that is the cause. I do know that the delay exhibits constant behavior. For example, if I quickly click on a channel and then hit start as soon as the SM loads, the start button will stay enlarged for a few seconds, then reduce and launch the channel. The amount of time that pasts, these few seconds, is constant and corresponds to leaving the SM alone after it starts and waiting for the message icon number to populate. Launching a channel after the same few seconds past the SM loading results in the channel loading instantly.

This leads me to believe that the SM is pulling a page from Windows. Popping up the menu while still doing things behind the scenes like check for the blacklisted titles, messages, etc... I can't help but think if Nintendo didn't add those anti-homewbrew checks into the SM, it would not exhibit this delay.

Other than this delay in launching channels, the Wii runs fine at its normally observed speeds.

NTSC Wii @ 4.3U, BootMii/Boot2 + Priiloader

EDIT: I don't know if this is the same issue that the OP eludes to...

-[]D

7. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    I've figured out that when I have a Wii game inserted and let the game load completely so the "Mario Kart Wii" shows up or whatever game you have in the disc channel, and the games load as soon as I hit start. When the disc is still loading it takes time.