Hacking My Wii is already chipped, how do I run downloaded games on it?

Elverg47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, my Wii is already chipped (NOT SOFTMODDED). I do not have homebrew, whatever, just a chipped Wii with DVD-R games that work on it. Now, I got my DVD-R games in a store, though I would like to find out how to download/burn/load games myself.

My current understanding is that first I'm gonna have to find the game I'm looking for (In this case Modern Warafre Reflex) somewhere on the internet and download it, then get a burning program (In this case IMGburn). I then have to buy an empty DVD-R and put it into my computer, look at the speed of the disk (??) and put write speed as half of it in IMGburn and burn my game onto the DVD-R. I can then load it and play it.

I got all this info from Burning Backups Guide. Questions are, the guide mentions alot of stuff about regional games, etc etc etc, and my Wii is Chipped, not softmodded, so there may be problems for me. Also, are there any programs I have to install on my Wii before I can play the games or is it already all set because of the chip?

Thanks alot!

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
It should work if you burn it on a disc, if its from the same region. If its not youllneed to softmod it.
I HIGHLY recomend soft modding your wii if you want to run other regional games

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
welcome.

dont post the same question three times in the space of seconds.

and all you have to do, is download a game (preferably from your region) and then use IMGburn to burn it to a disc at 4x speed (apparently 4x is the best)

if you do end up downloading a game from another region thats fine, it should still work with your mod chip if it has a region free setting, but i have to say DO NOT UPDATE FROM AN OUT OF REGION DISC.

if you put the game in and it asks you to update, say no and come to GBAtemp and search for a solution, because if you update out of region without brick protection, you'll end up bricked and wont be able to fix your wii.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If its chipped you can burn a game and play, next time dont post 4 threads (that will mess up the forum)

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elverg47 said:
Well, my Wii is already chipped (NOT SOFTMODDED). I do not have homebrew, whatever, just a chipped Wii with DVD-R games that work on it. Now, I got my DVD-R games in a store, though I would like to find out how to download/burn/load games myself.

My current understanding is that first I'm gonna have to find the game I'm looking for (In this case Modern Warafre Reflex) somewhere on the internet and download it, then get a burning program (In this case IMGburn). I then have to buy an empty DVD-R and put it into my computer, look at the speed of the disk (??) and put write speed as half of it in IMGburn and burn my game onto the DVD-R. I can then load it and play it.

I got all this info from Burning Backups Guide. Questions are, the guide mentions alot of stuff about regional games, etc etc etc, and my Wii is Chipped, not softmodded, so there may be problems for me. Also, are there any programs I have to install on my Wii before I can play the games or is it already all set because of the chip?

Thanks alot!
you are chipped already so definitely your wii is good to go for backups.

Elverg47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, my computer was super slow so I just hit POST a couple of times.

That must be why the topic duped so many times
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: