My Wii is a mess, can I restart?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sup3rgh0st, May 6, 2014.

1. sup3rgh0st
    OP

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Hello! I installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii (3.2U) using the Twilight Hack forever ago, as well as every IOS, cIOS, and patch that I ran into when I had a problem. Last night I attempted to convert my WBFS external HDD to a NTFS file system. Everything went smoothly, USB Loader GX (3.0 r1180) sees the games, but I empty out on a black screen after launching a game. I assume it is an (c?)IOS problem? I did some searching around and found sysCheck.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    I'm getting the feeling there are some things either way out of date, unused, maybe dangerous, etc.

Is there something I can install that can help clean things up? Would that be unnecessary? My Wii is still on 3.2U, can/should I find a way to update? Black screen on the USB Loader?
    Any help or advice would be nice. Thanks

2. sup3rgh0st
    OP

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I have updated to 4.3U

Brav0 likes this.
  3. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    When loading games from the usb loader, only the cIOS and the USB loader matter. So just install the latest d2x cIOS with base IOS56, and everything should be fine.

You have an ancient cIOS(IOS249) installed which is not compatible with other file systems than wbfs. You can see the games in the usb loader with your cIOS, because the loader handles the file system stuff there. But after a game is loaded, the loader is not doing anything anymore, and the file system needs to be handled by the cIOS.

Brav0 and sup3rgh0st like this.
  4. sup3rgh0st
    OP

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Thanks!, I'll give it a shot.

Brav0 likes this.
  5. sup3rgh0st
    OP

Apr 22, 2010