My wii has issues. Wont turn on. Please help

billygoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I dug my old wii out of storage for my daughter and I to play and it doesn't turn on. I have this video that shows what it does:

I replaced the fan hoping that would fix it but it did not. Anyone else have any ideap90.

GoofyOldGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I dug my old wii out of storage for my daughter and I to play and it doesn't turn on. I have this video that shows what it does:

I replaced the fan hoping that would fix it but it did not. Anyone else have any ideap90.

Did you try unplugging the power supply from the wall for at least 2 minutes? Then Plugging back in? From iFixit:

Most power issues with the Wii can be fixed by resetting the AC adapter. Unplug the AC adapter from both the outlet and the console and let it sit for at least 2 minutes. Plug both ends back in, making sure that the adapter is plugged directly into a wall outlet, not a surge protector or power strip.

billygoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to tell which module specifically would be doing this? Aren't the Bluetooth and wifi module chips separate parts.

I do not have another power supply, just the one that came with it. I will try and buy another one and see if that fixes it.

I have left it unplugged over night and plugged it in again this morning and still same results. I've even plug it into a different outlet and still same.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there anyway to tell which module specifically would be doing this? Aren't the Bluetooth and wifi module chips separate parts.

I do not have another power supply, just the one that came with it. I will try and buy another one and see if that fixes it.

I have left it unplugged over night and plugged it in again this morning and still same results. I've even plug it into a different outlet and still same.
From iFixIt:
LEKiVnfHgr4FTpHf.full

Sometimes just dusting out this xhip will fix a Wii not turning on. The WiFi card/board is on the other end of the wii, near the fan.

Also, a badly assembled Disc Drive can cause this.

Literally just disconnect each (Bluetooth/WiFi/Disc Drive) and clean the terminals with Isopropyl Alcohol.
Reattach everything and see if it's working again.

Do you happen to have your console modified with homebrew?
A nand restoration could also be a possible fix.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unplug everything then replug them back. Plug the power cord into another socket and test again. If it doesn't, you might need get a new power brick.

billygoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All, just wanted to follow up and let you all know I fixed it. Turned out that it needed a new powersupply and a new blue tooth module. Got a new power supply and replaced the module and works great. I posted 2 new videos to show it on YouTube if you'd like to see. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!!!

Last edited by billygoat,
Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone