My Wii has bricked :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Josh192, Dec 19, 2009.

Dec 19, 2009

My Wii has bricked :( by Josh192 at 11:13 PM (2,226 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Josh192
    OP

Newcomer Josh192 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Okay so my Wii is bricked. When turned on there is no display. This is because I installed Cioscorp and then uninstalled one of the cios files. The system was on 3.2e. Now because I installed the majority of cioscorp when I put in my Mario Kart Wii backup it makes the usual loading noises, and I know it loads properly because I can tell by the noises the disc drive makes, also the wiimote connects. I have tried the Wad Manager Autoboot disc so that i could install the missing files but without display it is hard to navigate and the wiimote disconnects and wont reconnect, so i am forced to use a gamecube game. So I'm just wondering if there is an automatic method of some kind or any method at all?

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Depends what IOS file you uninstalled. Uninstalling cIOSCORP files is advised against in big bold letters EVERYWHERE because they AREN'T cIOS's, they are your official IOS's that your system menu runs off of just modified to BE LIKE cIOS's. If you uninstalled IOS30, you're pretty much fucked.

3. Josh192
    OP

United Kingdom
    I dont think that it was ios30, is there a way to autoboot the homebrew channel from disc and have the hbc running on ios249 because i had cios rev 9 or 10 on there?

4. nabster92

United States
    What did you uninstall and why?

5. Josh192
    OP

United Kingdom
    I installed Cioscorp and it failed first time so i decided to do the job in wad manager and installed them all in there. When done i accidentally pressed the wrong button and uninstalled one of the cios files. Which one i cant remember because this problem occurred some time ago and have only now decided to try and fix it.

6. nabster92

United States
    Uninstalling the system menu IOS is the only IOS that I could see causing this to happen. So after uninstalling said IOS you decided to exit the wad manager and see what happened instead of reinstalling it?

AFAIK, the Wii is pretty much fucked without the system menu IOS, but maybe someone else can chime in with a possible fix for it.

7. Josh192
    OP

United Kingdom
    I tried savemiifrii but nothing displayed, ive just realized that the only problem with this wii motherboard is that there is no video or sound. When turned on the Wiimote connects and when aimed at the sensor bar I get vibrations off of it that indicate the channels of the wii menu are present. Is there a fix for this? Google was not my friend when trying to find this [​IMG]

I have 3 wii motherboards I was wondering if you could help me out with:

1: This one is a launch Wii, came with 2.0e or 2.1e bricked and did not show any signal so was left for a 2 years.
    2: This Motherboard came pre-modded with wiikey v1 and eventually bricked by uninstalling IOS60.
    3: The one that is currently in question.

All have been tested to see if savemiifrii work but no display on any.

And on a side note the launch Wii that was left for 2 years was refitted when my pre-modded Wii broke and came back to life and was upgraded to 4.1e using Waninkoko's 4.1 updater, was downgraded to 3.2e and then bricked when using Waninkoko's 4.1 updater again. (The 2nd motherboard was the one originally in question)

8. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Maybe you've fried the GPU?

9. Josh192
    OP

United Kingdom
    Could be, if this is the case i have edited my previous post which explains the faults with multiple Wiis, any advice on any of them would be great. Also I was thinking of getting the savemii dongle but I am guessing that if savemiifrii doesnt show then the savemii dongle wont do any better, am i right?

10. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    So you've bricked a Wii before by uninstalling an IOS? And then your other one bricked before... I'm questioning whether or not you have the sanity to be hacking as you've completed the same mistake twice now, uninstalling an IOS. In any other case, I'd agree that something's wrong with your motherboard- you're not getting video signal or anything but you can hear the disc drive working and can feel the "channel" vibrations, so I'd definitely come to a conclusion that your system menu is indeed intact.

11. Josh192
    OP

United Kingdom
    Lol no I havent bricked two Wiis the same way. The 2nd wii i described (the one with IOS60 uninstalled) was the Wii I was originally speaking of I had only just remembered. When starting this topic I was using a different wii to the one that has IOS60 uninstalled and that is why i could not remember what was actually wrong with it.

12. Josh192
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'll try to clear up all the confusion I have made,

I'll start again, my problem is that I have three Wiis all bricked, no preloader on any of them but the 3rd one had starfall on it but the twilight hack was deleted from the system.

One Wii has been bricked using Waninkoko's 4.1 updater. Was downgraded to 3.2e from 4.1e then bricked when updating again. Had cioscorp, IOS38 Rev 12 or 13 or 14, cios USB 2.0 and HBC. (Was a launch Wii originally with 2.0e). No Wii Remote connection or TV signal. (I have a Nand Dump of this one)

The second one had the same stuff on it and was bricked by uninstalling IOS60 (I am aware that this one is the most problematic and don't really expect an easy solution or a solution at all) No Wii Remote connection or TV signal.

The final Wii is the one with everything working and an intact system menu but no TV signal. (Originally 3.4e and had all the previously noted software and was updated using Waninkoko's 4.0 updater)

All have been tried for savemiifrii but nothing. But my guess is that the 3rd Wii does show it but obviously i can't see it.

If savemiifrii does not work will the savemii dongle do a better job for Wiis 1 and 2?

13. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    #1: Unrepairable. (Menu IOS is likely stubbed)
    #2: Unrepairable. (Menu IOS is missing)
    #3: Got no clue on this one. Maybe try different video cables? If it doesn't help, possibly a hardware failure. The software issues that cause no video usually cause the wiimotes to not sync, and no vibration can be felt.

Savemii will not work on any of these. Savemii and SavemiiFrii achieve the same thing.

There's a chance #1 could be unbricked with an infectus, but that's a very involved and complex procedure, not to mention extremely difficult.

14. Josh192
    OP

United Kingdom
    With betwiin and an infectus wouldnt it be possible to fix 1 and 2 with the nand dump?

15. nabster92

United States
    If you do have they keys for them already, then yea.

16. Josh192
    OP

United Kingdom
    I am still trying savemiifrii just in case. Now I'm sure I'm doing it right but just in case I wanted to run it by you. I have taken apart a 3rd party gc controller and taken out the plastic piece that prevents you from pushing all 4 directions at once, and have re-assembled the controller. I plug it in the 4th gc port, hold down all 4 directions and then plug the wii in and turn it on all whilst still holding the directions. Is that right? (I have also tried an official controller)