Hacking MY WII GAMES FREEZE RANDOMLY AFTER PLAYING FOR A WHILE ALSO MY WII FREEZES WHEN I AFK ON USB LOADER FOR LIKE 5MINUTES AND THEN TRY OPENING A GAME.

namipala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Syscheck
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 103134145
Console type wii
Shop channel country finland (76)
Boot2 v4
Found 101 titles
Found 47 IOS on this console. 9 of them are stubs

Ios4 (rev 65280): stub
Ios9 (rev 1034): no patches
Ios10 (rev 768) stub
Ios11 (rev 256) stub
Ios12 (rev 526) no patches
Ios13 (rev 1032): no patches
Ios14 (rev 1033) no patches
Ios15 (rev 1032) no patches
Ios16 (rev 54321) trucha bug, es identify, flash access, NAND access
Ios17 (rev 1032) no patches
Ios20 (rev 256) stub
Ios21 (rev 1039) no patches
Ios22 (rev 1294) no patches
Ios28 (rev 1807) no patches
Ios30 (rev 54321) trucha bug
Ios31 (rev 3608) no patches
Ios33 (rev 3608) no patches
Ios34 (rev 3608) no patches
Ios35 (rev 3608) no patches
Ios36 (rev 54321) trucha bug, es identify, nand access
Ios37 (rev 5663) no patches
Ios38 (rev 4124) no patches
Ios40 (rev 3072) stub
Ios41 (rev 3607) no patches
Ios43 (rev 3607) no patches
Ios45 (rev 3607) no patches
Ios46 (rev 3607) no patches
Ios48 (rev 4124) no patches
Ios50 (rev 54321) trucha bug
Ios51 (rev 4864) stub
Ios52 (rev 5888) stub
Ios53 (rev 5663) no patches
Ios55 (rev 5663) no patches
Ios56 (rev 5662) no patches
Ios57 (rev 5919) no patches
Ios58 (rev 6176) usb 2.0
Ios60 (rev 54321) trucha bug
Ios61 (rev 5662) no patches
Ios70 (rev 54321) trucha bug
Ios80 (rev 54321) trucha bug
Ios222 (rev 65280) stub
Ios223 (rev 65280) stub
Ios236 (rev 54321) trucha bug, es identify, nand access, beer ticket
Ios 249[57] (rev 65535, info d2x-v10beta52) Trucha bug nand access usb 2.0
Ios250[56] (rev 65535, info d2x-v10beta52) trucha bug, nand access, usb 2.0
Ios251[38] (rev 65535, info d2x-v10beta52) trucha bug, es identify, nand access
Ios254 (rev 65281) bootmii
BC v6
MIOS v10

does anyone know what the problem would be

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing Priiloader and the HC on the beginning of the syscheck, you most likely didn't post it fully..
Also what drive are you using and in what format? And is it plugged into port 0?
You should use this modded version of usbloadergx btw.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could also be a drive problem.
  • Run a check on your external drivesand SDcard.
    • On Windows -> right klick on drive -> properties -> Tools -> Error check -> Scan drive (if asked)
    • Or with Powershell chkdsk X: /r(x -> your driveletter)
  • If using a hdd/SSD use a Y-Cable with temporary a external powersupply.
  • If using USB-stick its maybe caussing this issue because its dying or not compatible.

AndroSynth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my experience might be helpful to you here (this problem seems to pop up often on the forum and not many seem aware). Your external HDD might be falling asleep (going into powersaving mode). Some drives can be configured to not spin down the disk, you can check your manufacturer, I was unable on my old drive so I was forced to buy a new drive. I haven't had an issue ever since.

Some information can be found here, https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List . Scroll down to or search on page for "If the Device automatically spins down due to inactivity". The problem itself might be a timeout between when the Wii asks for new data to be loaded, and the response from the HDD.

For anyone else who may be having similar issues, see if it matches this pattern. I remember Pokemon Battle Revolution to be a good example to expose the issue if you have it.
  • Some games played work just fine almost 100% of the time (I assume these games are constantly loading/unloading from the HDD thus keeping it open.)
  • Some games play fine, even for extended periods, but crash when saving / loading into a new large area. (HDD is probably going to sleep if loads are too spread apart.)
  • Some games are almost non-functional, they barely can make it through menus into the game without crashes. (Similar to above but these games probably are mostly loaded into memory and thus rapidly the drive decides to sleep/powersave).

Another thing to keep in mind here in an overarching computing sense is that powersaving/sleeping might not be really helpful ever. Manufactures put these things in to look good in terms of power use, but keeping the disk spinning is not that power hungry of a task. Also spinning up and spinning down the disk constantly wears on the internal mechanical components inside of your hard drive (if you aren't running a SSD). This in my opinion is far and above more impactful than the wear from constantly spinning the disk. So for the most part, even if you don't have issues, you may want to look into making sure the HDD does not go into powersaving.

namipala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think my experience might be helpful to you here (this problem seems to pop up often on the forum and not many seem aware). Your external HDD might be falling asleep (going into powersaving mode). Some drives can be configured to not spin down the disk, you can check your manufacturer, I was unable on my old drive so I was forced to buy a new drive. I haven't had an issue ever since.

Some information can be found here, . Scroll down to or search on page for "If the Device automatically spins down due to inactivity". The problem itself might be a timeout between when the Wii asks for new data to be loaded, and the response from the HDD.

For anyone else who may be having similar issues, see if it matches this pattern. I remember Pokemon Battle Revolution to be a good example to expose the issue if you have it.
  • Some games played work just fine almost 100% of the time (I assume these games are constantly loading/unloading from the HDD thus keeping it open.)
  • Some games play fine, even for extended periods, but crash when saving / loading into a new large area. (HDD is probably going to sleep if loads are too spread apart.)
  • Some games are almost non-functional, they barely can make it through menus into the game without crashes. (Similar to above but these games probably are mostly loaded into memory and thus rapidly the drive decides to sleep/powersave).

Another thing to keep in mind here in an overarching computing sense is that powersaving/sleeping might not be really helpful ever. Manufactures put these things in to look good in terms of power use, but keeping the disk spinning is not that power hungry of a task. Also spinning up and spinning down the disk constantly wears on the internal mechanical components inside of your hard drive (if you aren't running a SSD). This in my opinion is far and above more impactful than the wear from constantly spinning the disk. So for the most part, even if you don't have issues, you may want to look into making sure the HDD does not go into powersaving.
i use transcendd 25m3

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some drives are configured from the factory to automatically spindown after a set number of minutes of inactivity, which could cause issues. Configuration software is usually available to configure such devices to disable this feature.
  • For Seagate FreeAgent drives download software here.
  • For WesternDigital (WD) drives is the WD-IdleDisable-Tool available.
  • If the drive supports it, on Linux with hdparm the spin-down time can be disabled # hdparm -S 0 /dev/sda. In case its a SCSI drive exists sdparm.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.