My Wii Doesnt Work Anymore....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by asher, Mar 25, 2007.

Mar 25, 2007
  1. asher

Member asher ^ Liar

Aug 16, 2004
    guys something horrible happened ...

i was updating cyclowiz and i turned the switch on and it i smelled something burned.

next thing the wii turned off.

i opened the wii and this is how it looks

look how the DMS its lightly burned...

now someone helped me remove the cyclowiz and the idiot broke it and now it looks like this

the wii turns on... and i can see the channels but when i enter one... i lasts like 10-15 seconds and resets...

the DVD wont eject nor Insert discs.

anyone knows how to fix this?

is this fixable?
  2. arthurkok2

Member arthurkok2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2007
    looks like your DMS chip is DEAD. i could be wrong though...
  3. ciama81

Member ciama81 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2002
    United States
    when i sent my dvd drive to be modded, i hooked the rest of my wii up to play channels. it would run a channel for 15-20 seconds then i would get a black screen. Once i hooked the dvd drive back up, they worked fine.

it sounds like one of two things:

the dvd ribbon isn't properly put back

the drive chip is toast, it's not sending any signal to the wii, so it goes black screen on ya...
  4. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2006
    United States
    agree with the guy above

from the picture you supplied it looks like the chip burned from inside out, meaning there was a short or something try wiping your dms chip with something like alcohol or acetone. if it doesnt clean off (like not a smooth surface on the chip) then the chip indeed burn inside out, meaning you need a new chip, it sounds like maybe the switch was connected wrong, and shorted. maybe sell your wii parts on ebay? or start searching for a new chip
    so basicly its fixable only if you can find the exact panasonic dms chip or wii drive (real hard at this time, i'd say) seeing how theres no broken wii in ebay at all yet maybe you can ask around could always attempt to return it to nintendo maybe.