Hacking My Wii Crashes When I select Wii Settings

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, my Wii crashes whenever I select Wii Settings. It was working just fine before until I decided to update it to 4.1 and update my Homebrew channel, as I had the cannot find vunerable IOS message. I have been following this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/fix-hbc and this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...-guide/updating

I think the problem maybe that I messed up on this step of the guide:

2. Run DOP-Mii. Choose IOS36 to use with the application.
Go right to IOS61 and press A. Say YES to installing it and NO to all the rest.
Once installed, do the same for IOS34

I accidently said yes to everything when I installed IOS61.

And I think I messed up this step:

Time to install the System menu IOS. We are going to add some patches to it, so we have to install it with DOP-Mii.

* Go Left/Right to the IOS for the system menu that you are going to install (use the table above).
* Press + to start the installation.
* Press A to continue and also accept all patches (by pressing A)
* When it asks where to load from, choose "Load IOS from SD card" (left twice)

When I tried to load the IOS from my SD card, it couldn't open it, so I choose the download from NUS (or something along those lines) option.

I can still play backups and use various apps, but I just can't access my Wii settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
smile.gif

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall IOS61/34 correctly?

Loading the IOS from SD card or from NUS makes no real difference (unless it failed to download it of course).

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PsychoticDust said:
Thanks for the replies folks, reinstalled IOS61/34 correctly and that didn't work.

How would I go about reinstalling my system menu?
I believe DOP-Mii can do that. Otherwise, install a wad of it. Just to be safe, install IOS60 v6174 first. Do NOT install IOS60 v6400.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you sure you installed 4.1 for your region (E)?
Installing IOS61 with patches is not the problem, neither is the fact you got it from NUS.

Either way, to re-install your system menu, you can use DOP-Mii as well. There's a separate option for it I think.

If you can, be sure to have BootMii (boot2) installed

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm loving the quick replies!
biggrin.gif
I'm positive that I have 4.1 for my region. When I install IOS60 v6174, should I just install or say yes to the patches as well?

I do have boot2 installed. It's strange, because I used to be able to hold the Wii's reset button and access bootmii, but now I can't.
frown.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
either way is safe, but I would say yes to the patches (there are some benefits to having a patched system menu IOS)

edit: u are getting bootmii and priiloader confused. Holding reset will take you to the priiloader menu, not bootmii

priiloader is uninstalled everytime you install a new system menu

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PsychoticDust said:
I do have boot2 installed. It's strange, because I used to be able to hold the Wii's reset button and access bootmii, but now I can't.
frown.gif
That's not BootMii boot2 then, but preloader/priiloader. That gets removed when updating, so it's normal you can't access it
tongue.gif

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I said yes to all of the patches, but I'm still crashing at the settings.
frown.gif
I don't have priiloader.

@tj_cool: I had no idea about that! Lol, there was me holding my reset button for ages...

Edit: On DOP-Mii, it says that my Boot2 version is 4.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
PsychoticDust said:
cobleman said:
Can you use Wadmanger 1.5 to install IOS60-64-v6174.wad and 4.1E_Systemmenu_v450.wad
Would that help? I've already reinstalled them via DOP-Mii and I still have the same problem.
Its worth a try and only takes a few minutes install ios60 1st then your system menu

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
PsychoticDust said:
cobleman said:
Can you use Wadmanger 1.5 to install IOS60-64-v6174.wad and 4.1E_Systemmenu_v450.wad
Would that help? I've already reinstalled them via DOP-Mii and I still have the same problem.
Its worth a try and only takes a few minutes install ios60 1st then your system menu
Ok I will try in about an hour or so.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol