Gaming My Virtual Console is in Japanese. On an EUR N3DS?

ProspitPrince

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just got Pokemon Yellow from the Estore using GATEWAY 10.6 Emunand, and for some REALLY weird reason, my Virtual Console is in Japanese?

IxW5y60.jpg
TMOIu0p.jpg

I read the Manual (Which is in English), and it says it takes on the language that the System is set as, but it's set on English? So what the hell is going on?

Proof it's an EU N3DS (Yes I know the clock & date are wrong)
ty2PBct.jpg

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's some kind of bug with Gateway. When their launcher.dat isn't updated for the latest firmware, something in it causes games and apps to turn Japanese. So while the multi-rom menu and cheats and such may all work fine, whatever other feature (region free maybe) might be going berserk, causing what you see there. If it annoys you, use another CFW temporarily (you can use any of them alongside Gateway, just not at the same time, obviously. Gotta reboot into other ones, but they keep your same emuNAND), like Reinand or Cakes, they shouldn't have that problem.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, can you connect with others from another region? I can do USA region, the Europe Yellow has only German and French -.-' I'm on EUR 3DS, can I still connect?
Wasn't the case with Tri Force Heroes.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmmm, can you connect with others from another region? I can do USA region, the Europe Yellow has only German and French -.-' I'm on EUR 3DS, can I still connect?
Wasn't the case with Tri Force Heroes.
I think classic pokemon can't connect because the region stuff ... like, the japanese does not have alphabeth, US dont have some german acentuation like ö ... technically they can link but these stuff make them buggy

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
JP shouldn't trade with international games because sring lengths are different, otherwise no problems (special characters can't be used in names anyway)

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think classic pokemon can't connect because the region stuff ... like, the japanese does not have alphabeth, US dont have some german acentuation like ö ... technically they can link but these stuff make them buggy

So, USA region can connect to those who has EUR region? Beware my 3DS is EUR region itself, don't know if this is a second Tri Force Heroes, and I'm just talking about connecting English versions between USA and EUR.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, USA region can connect to those who has EUR region? Beware my 3DS is EUR region itself, don't know if this is a second Tri Force Heroes, and I'm just talking about connecting English versions between USA and EUR.

The actual GB games can, I don't know if the emulator checks titleID or something as a way of preventing you to connect Pokemon to a hypothetical multiplayer version of Tetris...

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the way I understand pokemon iD are compatible (at least japanese and US.. I saw a video of, emulator, making trade between green and english red/blue ) what could mess stuff are avaiable characetrs ... the way to know this is testing ...(both GB and VC :v)
TRiforce heroes was a joke making teh region lock for local multplayer ¬¬ I'm to get an eur 2DS and I'm thinking if I need to change region of the emunand if I want to play this with someone here xp

Last edited by Sliter,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just took the USA version so whatever. I just could go to the eShop and "repair" my version O_O and now it's working, I think I have the correct version now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi