My Virtual Console is in Japanese. On an EUR N3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ProspitPrince, Feb 27, 2016.

1. ProspitPrince
    OP

ProspitPrince Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    United Kingdom
    So I just got Pokemon Yellow from the Estore using GATEWAY 10.6 Emunand, and for some REALLY weird reason, my Virtual Console is in Japanese?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I read the Manual (Which is in English), and it says it takes on the language that the System is set as, but it's set on English? So what the hell is going on?

Proof it's an EU N3DS (Yes I know the clock & date are wrong) [​IMG]

2. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    Do you downloaded it from that iso site?

3. ProspitPrince
    OP

ProspitPrince Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    United Kingdom
    No, i bought it on the Eshop cause "that iso site" was down

Like, why the hell is it in Japanese O_O

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    It's some kind of bug with Gateway. When their launcher.dat isn't updated for the latest firmware, something in it causes games and apps to turn Japanese. So while the multi-rom menu and cheats and such may all work fine, whatever other feature (region free maybe) might be going berserk, causing what you see there. If it annoys you, use another CFW temporarily (you can use any of them alongside Gateway, just not at the same time, obviously. Gotta reboot into other ones, but they keep your same emuNAND), like Reinand or Cakes, they shouldn't have that problem.

5. ProspitPrince
    OP

ProspitPrince Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Ah, okie dokie. Thanks :3. Was really confused for a bit then XD

6. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Hmmm, can you connect with others from another region? I can do USA region, the Europe Yellow has only German and French -.-' I'm on EUR 3DS, can I still connect?
    Wasn't the case with Tri Force Heroes.

7. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I think classic pokemon can't connect because the region stuff ... like, the japanese does not have alphabeth, US dont have some german acentuation like ö ... technically they can link but these stuff make them buggy

8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    JP shouldn't trade with international games because sring lengths are different, otherwise no problems (special characters can't be used in names anyway)

9. thekarter104

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    So, USA region can connect to those who has EUR region? Beware my 3DS is EUR region itself, don't know if this is a second Tri Force Heroes, and I'm just talking about connecting English versions between USA and EUR.

10. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The actual GB games can, I don't know if the emulator checks titleID or something as a way of preventing you to connect Pokemon to a hypothetical multiplayer version of Tetris...

11. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    the way I understand pokemon iD are compatible (at least japanese and US.. I saw a video of, emulator, making trade between green and english red/blue ) what could mess stuff are avaiable characetrs ... the way to know this is testing ...(both GB and VC :v)
    TRiforce heroes was a joke making teh region lock for local multplayer ¬¬ I'm to get an eur 2DS and I'm thinking if I need to change region of the emunand if I want to play this with someone here xp

Last edited by Sliter, Feb 27, 2016
  12. thekarter104

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Just took the USA version so whatever. I just could go to the eShop and "repair" my version O_O and now it's working, I think I have the correct version now!