Hacking My USB ports died?

Heere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing a Wii game, loading from a USB flash drive via USB Loader GX. At a point in the game when there would usually be a loading screen, the screen went black and the Wii would not accept any input. I held down the power button to restart the Wii.

Once the Wii restarted, USB Loader GX could not initialize the USB device. Concerned, I tried CFG. It also couldn't mount the USB device. I then put an apps directory and some apps on the flash drive (it still works when connected to a PC), and even HBC couldn't mount the USB device!

I then tried the same procedure with another USB drive, with either drive plugged into Port 1, and with both drives plugged in.

This looks like a hardware failure to me. Any ideas?

Some facts:

USB loading was working, got the black screen, now it's not working.

I have d2x cios v10b52 installed in slots (56, 249) and (57, 250). These are still reported by CFG.

I am using Port 0.

The drives still work when connected to a PC.

The LEDs on the drives still light up when plugged into the Wii.

If the drive is plugged in while either loader is polling for the drive, it will pause for a few seconds but not mount the drive.

The file systems are FAT32.

Even HBC on IOS58 can't initialize the drive.

Heere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried three bus-powered flash drives. These are the kind that I would expect to pull 100mA at most.

I'll try a self-powered drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz