Hardware My USB drive is not fine at all

Thefakesuperidol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I kinda need some huge amounts of help cuz my SanDisk Ultra 3.0 (64Gb) isn't doing anything anymore besides showing up on my pc

Here are some of the errors/problems:
Cyclic redundancy check error
It turned into a RAW it was Fat32 originally
When I check the system itself it shows 0bytes used and free (I clearly have a 64gb tho)
And much other stuff that have to do with it being corrupt

So can someone please help me if you know how to and are so kind as to tell me thanks in advance

Thefakesuperidol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ye sorry for getting back so late but I tried like 5hrs or smthn to fix it and not even the data wipe programs work on it I think its literally dead. I mightve gotten myself a virus that breaks external drives while downloading my iso for my game
Post automatically merged:

Ye sorry for getting back so late but I tried like 5hrs or smthn to fix it and not even the data wipe programs work on it I think its literally dead. I mightve gotten myself a virus that breaks external drives while downloading my iso for my game
Guess im dead i spent like 15 bucks on that thats a huge waste...

Thefakesuperidol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hbbj
Sounds to me like the controller in the drive failing. The two most likely ways for a USB flash drive to die are the NAND hitting the write limits (effectively becoming read only) or the controller failing.

No way I checked i got like more than 25gigs to read and write so I dont think thats it and the controller is as good as new but you never know might be well thanks for the info ill just go and throw it away

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds to me like the controller in the drive failing. The two most likely ways for a USB flash drive to die are the NAND hitting the write limits (effectively becoming read only) or the controller failing.
i remember having a usb drive suddenly become read only in the middle of writing something to it

if the usb drive only shows up as raw and gives errors when doing anything to it, it's definitely dead, if you only bought it recently i'd suggest contacting where you bought the drive and telling them the drive is already dead

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a SanDisk 64GB SD Card also showing as "RAW" and I could see the files and storage, but it was all locked so the card was unusable.

Thankfully I was able to copy some of the content I wanted to keep and afterwards, I just broke it in two pieces and threw away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.