What do you think of my train set ??

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like a trainset that travels around my room and like go in and out of the walls and shit. That would be awesome.

but ya cool train set I guess.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think anyone with some youth left in them would love to have a full on train village. I would love to have a little town with trains going everywhere. Unfortunately train collecting is an expensive and space consuming hobby. Its the kind of thing if I won the lottery and had a crap load of extra cash and didn't have many responsibilities like children or paying back loans I would invest in. Thats never gonna happen though. The closest thing I got to having a nice train set like yours was some lego train sets and a lego train computer game. Oh how I would love to play that game again.

Okay back to the topic (haha). Your sets nice. Hopefully you can get more space in the future and fill out the grounding.

D

Deleted User

OP
scruffman said:
looks nice, but why is it all enclosed like???

The reason it is enclosed is because it is in the conservatory the only place in the house with enough room to hold it

benjaminlibl said:
I'm kind of curious, what do people usually do with train sets except turn them on and watch them run?

I do watch it go around,but i also add bits like people and houses to it.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Aug 4 2009, 03:14 AM)
No offense, but train sets are usually for toy stores and serial killers. You may be an exception.

It's nice, regardless.

I am not a serial killer or live in a toy store.

Thanks for all the comments.
smile.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Jaems said:
I'd like a trainset that travels around my room and like go in and out of the walls and shit. That would be awesome.

but ya cool train set I guess.
Holy shit I want to do that, I guess if I buy a trainset (big one) I could try and make it go up my desk and shit.

D

Deleted User

OP
200905061702.jpg

That about this one??
It does not go through a wall but can be stored in a wall.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
benjaminlibl said:
I'm kind of curious, what do people usually do with train sets except turn them on and watch them run?
Modelling. Think of it as a craft, if you've got the space to set up a permanent layout you can spend hours building terrain from scratch, trees, buildings from kits or raw plastic sheets, painting, wiring the electronics, programming chip controllers on custom control boxes that do... stuff. Yeah, the bigger kids have all the best stuff
smile.gif
If you've got the time and money then why not, it can get rather expensive if you do it properly.

And as an afterthought, I'm 100% sure none of my relatives are serial killers
tongue.gif

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ireland 1 said:
That about this one??
It does not go through a wall but can be stored in a wall.
I was thinking more like this, except, instead of just traveling near the ceiling, mine would go like up and down and go in and out of my walls, and like PettingZoo said, making it go up a desk, and yeah. And make it do really cool shit like bunny hops or something.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Psyfira said:
benjaminlibl said:
Modelling. Think of it as a craft, if you've got the space to set up a permanent layout you can spend hours building terrain from scratch, trees, buildings from kits or raw plastic sheets, painting, wiring the electronics, programming chip controllers on custom control boxes that do... stuff. Yeah, the bigger kids have all the best stuff
smile.gif
If you've got the time and money then why not, it can get rather expensive if you do it properly.

And as an afterthought, I'm 100% sure none of my relatives are serial killers
tongue.gif
Wow, I didn't know there is so much to it. That IS pretty interesting. But expensive.

D

Deleted User

OP
Private|Parts said:
In the World Trade Center, there was a toyshop that had a train running around its entire walls. I remember it vividly, even though I left NYC at a young age.

There is one in my local model shop. He can move it up and down the wall, so he does not need to get up on a ladder to reach them. It looks savage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?