My touchscreen isn't accurate at all....

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by gaboumafou, Jul 8, 2007.

Jul 8, 2007
  1. gaboumafou
    OP

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hello,

Since I got my M3 Simply, I realized that in the touchscreen menus ("Games-Media-Slot2" and "cheats") and in homebrews (DS Organize's paint program...), my touchscreen isn't accurate at all. I have to poke around with the stylus and hope to activate a menu. But in commercial games, my touchscreen is working perfectly (I got to the cheers in all 2 Ouendan games without problems...). I tought it might be a problem with those homebrews, but I tried my M3 Simply on a friend's DS Lite (mine is a PHAT, BTW) and it worked perfectly on all M3's menus.

What is the problem? And why is it working on my friend's DS, and not mine? It's not a really big problem, but it still can get pretty anoying...

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Try calibrating your screen?

3. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    I had this problem with my old DS Phat. The problem is the type of screen that the DS uses. They should really prepare homebrew for this. Basically this is how you're screen is off - if you trace the edges, it curves to the center, right? Read this. I think it's the grid screen that causes problems? Anyway - the way I solved this, was I got a new DS [​IMG] .

Anyway - that's all the info I have. Good luck with your screen.

4. gaboumafou
    OP

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I tried calibrating my screen: no result. But like I said before, the screen work perfectly well with commercial games.

Yes, I have a "grid" screen. You mean that homebrews need to be made specifically for this type of screen?! Is there a way to patch them or anything...?! :S

5. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    Err... well no... not quite. Homebrews don't have to be made especially for the screen. The thing is that the screen warps the coordinates when it's pressed. So the software doesn't receive the correct coordinates, but they're kinda warped. Back when I tried programming for the DS, I attempted to calibrate the coordinates correctly, but to no avail. That's the main reason that I stopped. Anyways - you're probably just gonna have to deal with the touchscreen not working correctly - cause there's no way that I know of of patching homebrew - it's a matter of hardware, not many developers know of the problem, and there's no way of detecting what kind of screen it is.

Calibrating the screen won't do anything - I've done it dozens of times. I even tried calibrating it incorrectly - which worked, but it wasn't as precise as I'd like it to be. That's probably your best bet - use your logic on how to calibrate the screen, then calibrate it. The problem now is that you have to recalibrate before you play commercial games and before you play homebrew.

So like I said - buy a new DS if you want homebrew, cause chances are you won't get anywhere with this touch screen. But, like I said in my last post - good luck, never-the-less.