Hacking My touch screen is off and I can't fix it :(

bob123456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid maybe I applied too much pressure when putting my Hori Screen Protector on my touch screen? I was using a credit card...

It is perfect in the top and middle of the screen, but the bottom middle, right bottom corner and middle right areas are a few pixels (at least 1mm) to the right of where I press with the stylus. This is especially apparent with Hotel Dusk and Quick Spot.

It is driving me crazy since calibrating it will not fix it, I tried calibrating 10 or so times and different methods of calibration (including purposely touching the spots 1mm to the left) and nothing helps.

It doesn't make my DS unplayable, but I only noticed it now when trying to activate the dip switches in Konami Arcade Classics (requires extreme touch screen precision).

Are all DS's off in some spots, or should I send it back to Nintendo?

I've only had it 3 months, the screen is 100% scratch/dent free, and it is a Black DS Lite.

Thanks for any help on the matter
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You may have shifted the touch screen during application. I recommend you don't open it yourself
sleep.gif

Send it back to Nintendo, but they'll most likely charge you for a screen replacement

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But its not a manufacturing fault >_>
He was the one who shifted it by applying the screen protector

Ring Nintendo anyway. I don't know about US Nintendo, but the Australian branch is retarded.

bob123456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but the "cornermost" sections of the screen respond fairly accurately, so I doubt I shifted the screen...

I did try the "wet screen protector" method of putting my screen protector on and i did use a hairdryer to try to dry the water under it...

I don't know how heat sensitive this thing is, but I was trying to be very careful about how much heat I subjected it to...

I hope that was not my mistake...

here's a comparison pic of the difference in accuracy.... sorry for the shoddy job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr