My touch screen is "jumping!"

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Saylient_Dreams, Sep 10, 2007.

Sep 10, 2007
  1. Saylient_Dreams
    OP

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As the title says I have some jumping on my DS Lite. I've noticed it twice on Picross and Brainage 2, it's always to one location, going towards the bottom middle of the screen when holding the DS normally. The screen is clean, nothing on the sides. I have a screen protector one (its been on since I got this DS Lite when it first came out.). I can't recreate this at will, it just happens when ever it wants. Any thoughts?

2. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Air between the two layers....probably.

I have a sort of similar problem, but my touch screen isn't just responding very well in the middle which is VERY annoying, because I have to press harder when going from the side to the middle with my stylus. I've done a topic a bout the hunt for the perfect DS. WEll, this is my second DS Lite, with more or less the same problem.
    It's a shame to be honest, because I don't play as much with my DS as I'd want to just because of the screen issue. I really think Nintendo fucked up with so many flaws in the DS production.

I now can say for a fact that maybe 1 out of 5 DS Lites are fine (no cracked hinges, button problems, weird yellow shades in the screens, dead pixels, etc. etc.)

Right now I'm just praying for a very good DS follow up next year that can also handle my R4.

3. ceraphis

Member ceraphis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My lip gloss is "popping!"

4. elfsander

Member elfsander GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Wow then I have one of the five DS Lites, since I don't have a problem at all.

5. Saylient_Dreams
    OP

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just bought a DS Lite for my GF a pink one, everything is so much better on it, the d-pad feels so much more solid, diagnols are much easier to accomplish on it than my own, and no dead pixels, no screen shifting, no yellow screens. On the other hand, my white launch DS Lite, has a somewhat yellow touch screen, the bottom half of the touch screen "gives" under pressure (you can see it go "under" the casing about 1/10th mm, and the hinged cracked. I might get another DS Lite for xmas, I gotta agree though, the DS Lite imo isn't as sturdy as the original DS. I would take the original DS if it just had longer batter life and brighter screens.