firke_the_one

*insert custom title*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey everyone,
I disassembled my DSi so I can clean the L and R buttons a bit and when I assemble the DSi my top screen is a bit darker than the bottom one and if I remove the back plate the screen is the same brightness as the bottom one. Can somebody help me?

DSi with back plate:
20180121_133724.jpg

The other picture is what DSi screens should normally look like.

Also sorry if I posted in the wrong place :/

Attachments

• 20180121_133640.jpg
    20180121_133640.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,509
Last edited by firke_the_one,

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Try adjusting the potentiometer for the top display. It's located under the battery cover.

It should also fix the scan lines/interlacing issue I can see in the photo.
Thank you! I just had the same problem and couldn't find anything wrong with the ribbon cables so I was stumped. Now I just need to get some replacement rubber pads (not sure what they're called, those four things on the top screen and the two on the back of the system) as I damaged them by removing and reinserting them too many times. Any idea where I could get replacements? I know DealExtreme used to have them back in the day, but I can't find them anymore.

firke_the_one

*insert custom title*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thank you! I just had the same problem and couldn't find anything wrong with the ribbon cables so I was stumped. Now I just need to get some replacement rubber pads (not sure what they're called, those four things on the top screen and the two on the back of the system) as I damaged them by removing and reinserting them too many times. Any idea where I could get replacements? I know DealExtreme used to have them back in the day, but I can't find them anymore.
I suggest you buy a replacement shell, you can get one for like 5-10$ on Alibaba. Found some on Amazon, but they're expensive imo

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
I suggest you buy a replacement shell, you can get one for like 5-10$ on Alibaba. Found some on Amazon, but they're expensive imo
Hvala, that does sound like the best option. There was nothing on Aliexpress, and I always thought that showed the same stuff as Alibaba but geared towards consumers, good to know they also have different sellers.

Last edited by xxNathanxx,

firke_the_one

*insert custom title*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hvala, that does sound like the best option. There was nothing on Aliexpress, and I always thought that showed the same stuff as Alibaba but geared towards consumers, good to know they also have different sellers.
Yeah, on alibaba there are some replacement shells that you can buy a piece, but there are a lot of replacement shells that you need to buy like 100 pieces

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try adjusting the potentiometer for the top display. It's located under the battery cover.

It should also fix the scan lines/interlacing issue I can see in the photo.
Is this the same for the DSi XL? I got the battery cover off and see 2 gold screws but doesnt look like you can use a simple hilleps screwdriver to adjust it.

Reactions: Oussama199703

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Oh my God...

I don't know what to say...

I've had this problem for like, 4 years because I had given up.

I just solved this problem like 5 minutes ago. It was so simple...

Thak you very much. <3

Last edited by Sk17,

Oussama199703

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I have the same problem but in my nintendo dsi xl and when I remove the battery cover I do not find the same screws as on the dsi you do not have a solution?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this the same for the DSi XL? I got the battery cover off and see 2 gold screws but doesnt look like you can use a simple hilleps screwdriver to adjust it.
I have exactly the same problem on my dsi xl Did you know how to do it?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have the same problem but in my nintendo dsi xl and when I remove the battery cover I do not find the same screws as on the dsi you do not have a solution?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have exactly the same problem on my dsi xl Did you know how to do it?

Hello.:)

Here is a Picture where the Screws located on the DSi XL:

LOmEVuXMuOgKawjX.333huge.jpg

Good luck.
Thank you.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
and if I adjust them it solves the problem? as is the case for the small dsi

Maybe,it is a 50:50 Percent chance,I think it also depends how old/long term used the Display was.
I did it long Time ago (I would say 2-3 Years) on an DSi (rebuilt form 3 broken DSi´s) on both Screens and it is still working:

P1360798.JPG P1360799.JPG

Oussama199703

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

Maybe,it is a 50:50 Percent chance,I think it also depends how old/long term used the Display was.
I did it long Time ago (I would say 2-3 Years) on an DSi (rebuilt form 3 broken DSi´s) on both Screens and it is still working:

View attachment 206967 View attachment 206968

Thanks for the reply
but I saw in another forum that the screws on the dsi xl are located here is it wrong? as shown in these two arrows right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200502-111937__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200502-111937__01__01.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 947

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks for the reply
but I saw in another forum that the screws on the dsi xl are located here is it wrong? as shown in these two arrows right?

Yes,I think that are the same.
I was a little too complicated,I do not remember they are visible under the Battery Cover...:D
Excuse me please.:)

Oussama199703

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

Yes,I think that are the same.
I was a little too complicated,I do not remember they are visible under the Battery Cover...:D
Excuse me please.:)
I did it and it fixed things a little lol but it has no problem over time? someone said on a forum that this technique deteriorates the lcd screen over time because you increase the voltage of the screen and that it is dangerous is it true?
upload_2020-5-20_10-41-45.png

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I did it and it fixed things a little lol but it has no problem over time? someone said on a forum that this technique deteriorates the lcd screen over time because you increase the voltage of the screen and that it is dangerous is it true?
View attachment 209753

Thank you for your Update.And successful !! Great Work,my Friend.:yay:

For your Question,personally I can say my "Assembled from several DSi Parts" Device works with this "Adjustement" now since 3 Years.:)

P1370033.JPG P1370034.JPG P1370035.JPG P1370036.JPG P1370037.JPG P1370038.JPG

I wish you the same long Life for your DSi and Good Luck with it.

Oussama199703

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

Thank you for your Update.And successful !! Great Work,my Friend.:yay:

For your Question,personally I can say my "Assembled from several DSi Parts" Device works with this "Adjustement" now since 3 Years.:)

View attachment 209757 View attachment 209758 View attachment 209759 View attachment 209760 View attachment 209761 View attachment 209762

I wish you the same long Life for your DSi and Good Luck with it.
Thank's but
and it does not shorten the life of the battery? because I have the impression that since I made this technique it discharges faster or is it just an impression?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank's but
and it does not shorten the life of the battery? because I have the impression that since I made this technique it discharges faster or is it just an impression?

Not really,but it depends,of course,on the Battery Condition.
Back then I putted an new on in there.:)

Now as we speak about,this DSi/Battery last the longest from my DSi Devices.:D

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended