My Toe Hurts

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by science, Aug 19, 2008.

Aug 19, 2008

My Toe Hurts by science at 4:39 AM (1,007 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. science
    OP

Member science science rules

Canada
    So today was the last day I worked of a 7 in a row, 8 hour days that I had to bike to and from work (uphill the whole way for 20 minutes) and last night, I noticed my toe knuckle was hurting really bad. If I pull on it or try to crack it, it really hurts. Anyone know why? What it could be? Hyper extension? Bruise? Fucked it up while trying to crack it? Just standing on it lots causing it to hurt? (Lots of my other parts of body are sore and hurting too, but nothing painful like this).

halp me it hurts [​IMG]

2. Prophet

Member Prophet Resident Black Militant

United States
    Dude, get to a doctor. That is a very common place for gout to start. Touch it and see if it's hot. If so then thats another sign that it could very likely be gout. Though it most likely is a pulled tendon or pinched nerve, I'd still get it checked out. Depending on what it is, giving it a quick precise pull (despite the pain) might alleviate it. Get better soon.

3. science
    OP

Canada
    I don't think its gout, I'm not over weight, don't eat many rich foods, and its not hot. And after giving it a pull, I realized pulling it doesn't hurt. Neither does squeezing it. It only hurts to, say, wiggle it left and right. Also, pushing it in hurts quite a bit. Walking doesn't hurt, but making a fist with my foot (lol wtf sorry about that explanation) hurts it. Maybe I dropped something on it at work and didn't realize and broke it? lol

4. Prophet

Member Prophet Resident Black Militant

United States
    If making a foot-fist (lol) hurts, its a pulled tendon. Ice and keep it elevated. Should be fine in a week, If you don't see an improvement in a couple of days, get to a doctor.

5. science
    OP

Canada
    Thanks for the advice [​IMG]

But its weird, I can't really replicate the pain. One thing hurts and another doesn't, then its the other way around. I'll stop touching it and see what happens haha

6. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    aww poor science..
    yeah its prolly just sprained or pulled muscle
    maybe just give it some rest and try not to put pressure on it
    (maybe you can get a foot splint or toe splint)

7. science
    OP

Canada
    Tomorrow is my day off, so rest all day it shall be!