My Thoughts On the PS3 Slim dont fame me

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by rockstar99, Sep 3, 2009.

Sep 3, 2009
  1. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    NO FLAMING THIS IS MY OPINION

yeah for me it kinda sucks i mena sure its slimmer and that looks good but ahvent you seen what all the removed:
    the chrome finish
    they added some lmae ps3 logo which looks shitty
    backwards compatibilty gone
    less memory/usb slots
    it just looks crap to me

i have one of the launch 60gb ones it looks better in my opinion and has backwards compatibilty

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The difference is that it's $300. If you have a launch PS3 or already own one, then there's no need for a Slim. If you're like me who doesn't have a PS3 and wants one, the Slim is the best option.

Also, you need to type more coherently. It's really hard to understand any of your posts.

3. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    3 Things that have been gone since last year. What good does it do complaining about it now? I don't like the slim either, I hate matte finishes, but TBH, I couldn't careless. my 80GB works fine, has the ability to play my PS2 games, has 4 USB ports, mem ports, etc.

But, I don't even NEED most of that. I haven't played a PS2 game in 2 years, I only use 1-2 usb ports at a time, and pretty much only used my memory stick ports like once or twice.

The thing that buggs me is the new firmware 3.0 I don't believe its an upgrade, I believe its a downgrade. The new friends list looks really fugly and the start with PS3 looks way worse than the old ones. Not to mention I can't get rid of the advertisement on the top right corner.

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    The new logo > the old.
    Backwards Compatibility is exclusive to 60GB Version which arn't being made.
    It has one less slot.
    It's £150 cheaper.

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    we wont fame you
    we may flame you
    [​IMG]

If you ask me, the price tag is enough for me not to flame it at all

a sony-based thing for 300$....HOLY SHIT!!!

The only thing i may stress is the BC....you can pick up a PS2 (used) for about 50$, add that to the 300$ price tag, and it still sums up to be a good price all round (not to mention its easier to mod a PS2 to play PS2 backups )

6. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Theres no real point in making this sort of thread if you haven't used or own a slim.

There I famed you!

[​IMG]

7. ZeWarrior

Brazil
    I don't know if in the UK only the 60gb's had Backwards Compatibility but, in the US the 60GBs, the 20GBs, and the *80GBs had them.

*Only the 80GBs from the Motorstorm Bundle or the MGS4 Bundle

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    More in-depth this time:

9. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    40gb MGS4 bundle had it to. But if you wanted a FULLY BC capable PS3 you needed to get a launch model. It had the Emotion Engine chip and it was not done through software like the 2nd revisions

BTT All TC's points are moot. I always hear people scream BC! BC! BC! etc. But those same ppl have PS2s. I can understand you don't want your game room to be cluttered but thats about it.

10. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I like the style of the "phat" PS3 more than the slim one. Hopefully once the slim gains popularity I'll be able to get a PS3 phat for cheap (I mean look at the PSP... first gen. PSPs go for $60 on craigslist around here)

11. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I kind of like the PS3 slim. I can see why people like the original better, but the fact is that it still looks nice and is great for the price. Did I mention it's smaller?

I'm definately going to get one. If I had a PS3 I wouldn't get one though, because the original does everything the Slim does, and does some things better.

I won't fame or flame you, but I might change into a werewolf and chase you to get my revenge.

12. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
  13. ZeWarrior

Brazil
    Define 'original'. If you mean original, like the one that first came out from the Motorstorm Bundle, than its not that one. That one is basically a regular 40GB with an 80GB hard drive. It doesn't play PS2 games or anything..

14. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    By Original I mean Original 80Gb, not the slim. The 80Gb has never been PS2 backwards compatible that I am aware of. These were selling for $699 a week ago. $200 price drop due to the Slim.

I have been told the slim has a better BlueRay Player in it but whether there is truth to that I do not know.

15. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Correct, The 60GB PS3 was the only version in the UK to have BC. I went out and got a slim the other day after seeing a friends, Looks nice and takes up less room in the bedroom! My 60GB is now downstairs and will be mainly used as a bluray player [​IMG]

16. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Well this is your opinion and I honestly respect that, you have your own tastes to gaming consoles and whatnot. But I want to post my own opinion.

I plan to pick one of these up when I have a job so hopefully that will be soon...

17. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    yeh.. the ps3 slim doesnt appeal to me either
    it looks much older in a way and i got a 160 gig ps3 for $ 300 so i dont really care

18. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I dont know about you but I dont stare at my PS3 at day long
    its just a logo, better then the spiderman font one, they made it look more like the PS2 logo
    no BC is nothing new they removed this a long time ago after the MGS4 PS3 80GB bundle which was over a year and a half ago
    memory slots also have been removed a long long time ago, nothing new again, USB slots I really dont see the need is having more then 2, I only use one for the controller recharge
    looks like the ps2 imo except its all curvey instead of sharp edges (just like both logo's)

but I have an 160GB PS3 (uncharted bundle) so doesnt phase me
    the slim is good for people who dont have a PS3 yet or have been waiting to get it due to price

19. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    i dont like it that they dont include as much usb slots
    i filled my ps3 with music and ,ovies and its awesome

20. Denida

Newcomer Denida Member

Denmark
    Unless they manage to "crack" the slim version and not the older PS3 version I am personally sticking to my ps3, being less power consuming and filling less is all nice and dandy, but having a 60GB PS3 version, I like that alot more personally...