My Theory of Why the Wii U Can Not Succeed

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Comrades.

There I present to you my glorious theory about the future of the Wii U and why it's not possible for it to succeed.

Let us first look at sales of previous Nintendo console sales before the Wii:

NES: 62 million
SNES: 49 million
N64: 33 million
GameCube: 22 million

Before the Wii, Nintendo did not target the super casual gamers. Therefore, these numbers represents the true core Nintendo fans. The number of Nintendo fans have been going down over the years.

For the Wii, Nintendo targets the super casual gamers.

Wii: 100 million

However, I know for a fact that over 80% those 100 million people are super causual. Why you ask me? I tell you. Let's see the sales of core Wii games.

Mario Galaxy: 12 million
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 11 million
Zelda Skyward Sword: 3.5 million
Zelda Twlight Princess: 5.8 million
Metroid Prime 3: 1.3 million

Now, just tell me. If 100 million people own Wii, why is there not even close to 20 million copies sold of ANY core Nintendo game? Because most people who buy Wii got it for Wii Fit or Wii Party. Super casual people, not Nintendo fans.

Now keep in mind, the number of core Nintendo fans is even smaller than the GameCube due to the decreasing trend. If you extend the trend ignoring the Wii, there's only about 12 million total core Nintendo fans to buy the Wii U at this moment in time.

Now, you may be wondering where that about the super casual gamers are? Well, let me tell you

1) They are okay with the Wii they own and don't care to upgrade
2) They don't know the Wii U exist because they super causal and Nintendo doesn't do good marketing
3) They moved on to smartphones and tablets
4) Nintendo hasn't been targeting the super causal market with the Wii U anyway

Therefore, the Wii U is failing because it's not possible for it to not fail. There's only about 12 million people still left to buy the system.

u qt

Dear Leader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Why no people take discussion serious? I thought people here cared about industry.

Just because I is Korean monthdictator doesn't mean you don't take me serious. I almost started World War 3 a few months before. You will all take me serious, I am dear leader of North Korea, true Korea.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why no people take discussion serious? I thought people here cared about industry.

Just because I is Korean monthdictator doesn't mean you don't take me serious. I almost started World War 3 a few months before. You will all take me serious, I am dear leader of North Korea, true Korea.
This thread is so bad.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You forgot piracy.
If Homebrew Channel installations are anything to go by (which they are), only 3.4% Wii users ever used the Online installer, and this data is straight from HackMii. Assuming that there's a small amount of users who performed Offline installations and then some who installed modchips (for whatever reason, but those people probably switched to Homebrew Channel later on as it's more convenient), you'll end up with a very small percentage of modified Wii systems even capable of booting backups, making your point moot.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: