Hacking My system settings and health and safety display black icons and crash the system. Any way to fix?

RAZERKAMO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[FIXED] so I was fiddling around with system files on sysnand titles and I may have messed up a few files or such... my system settings won't boot and I was wondering if there is anyone with an old 3ds that could tell me how to recover or fix these files. My system does still boot however. I'm on 11.4 and have no nand backups before this event. can I recover these files or wait till I can downgrade on 11.4 to recover the files

Attachments

• bot_0001.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 296
Last edited by RAZERKAMO,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so I was fiddling around with system files on sysnand titles and I may have messed up a few files or such... my system settings won't boot and I was wondering if there is anyone with an old 3ds that could tell me how to recover or fix these files. My system does still boot however. I'm on 11.4 and have no nand backups before this event. can I recover these files or wait till I can downgrade on 11.4 to recover the files
Download the H&S and System Settings apps using 3DNUS, you'll need the title IDs and versions of them which you can find in this list: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list
The hex numbers in the title of each section is the first half of the title ID, and "TID Low" is the second half. Double check that you get the right ones for your region and 3DS model (not all titles have a separate n3DS version but a lot do)
You can install them with FBI.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

RAZERKAMO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so you sere messing around with your system files when you don't have a backup...

make a backup now. and try to make a new one about once a week
Getting a 64 git card so I will

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download the H&S and System Settings apps using 3DNUS, you'll need the title IDs and versions of them which you can find in this list: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list
The hex numbers in the title of each section is the first half of the title ID, and "TID Low" is the second half. Double check that you get the right ones for your region and 3DS model (not all titles have a separate n3DS version but a lot do)
I'll check it out thanks, was worried that my system was never going to
I don't have a laptop I can access right at the moment but I'll try to restore them thanks

RAZERKAMO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would have suggested that as well, but without System Settings it'll be difficult for him to perform a system update, and deleting System Settings just seems like a bad idea in general.
I have made system settings into a cia before I messed it up but when I install it, it just doesn't do anything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry i read health and safetybad icon

Use CTR Nand transfer
I do have a 9.2.0 ctr nand file

RAZERKAMO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
won't work
DSC_0042.jpg

Last edited by RAZERKAMO,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yeah, NEVER use recovery mode. It will remove hacks. When you get your hands on a laptop, do what the previous posts said and reinstall h&s/system settings.
Wait what? Luma has patches to the SAFE_FIRM so that when you used the Recovery, it didn't remove the corrupt FIRM(this is back in the old A9LH days)

And I really doubt recovery would remove the exploited boot0/1 (since for the system, it's still the same thing for what I know)

(If I'm wrong, please explain to me since I'm not perfect and I prefer to learn and admit that I'm wrong :D )

Reactions: RAZERKAMO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow est resident here, it's noon for me too