Hacking My Switch unit has been replaced with a refurbished ipatched one

r_al_sim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Next time use your book vouchers to buy some books, learn maths, electrical engineering and possibly embedded programming skills.

You'll be able to repair your own switch and earn some cash. Then you won't be out of pocket and your mum won't have had to use her hard earned cash to get your switched repaired.

You could also earn your own money too rather than waste your book vouchers.

But in all seriousness I think you just made a bad choice and would have been better waiting till you could afford to buy a guaranteed hackable unit.

Is every new unit out there ipatched now?

And what was wrong with the unit originally if you were able to use l4t on it what happened?

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time use your book vouchers to buy some books, learn maths, electrical engineering and possibly embedded programming skills.

You'll be able to repair your own switch and earn some cash. Then you won't be out of pocket and your mum won't have had to use her hard earned cash to get your switched repaired.

You could also earn your own money too rather than waste your book vouchers.

But in all seriousness I think you just made a bad choice and would have been better waiting till you could afford to buy a guaranteed hackable unit.

Is every new unit out there ipatched now?

And what was wrong with the unit originally if you were able to use l4t on it what happened?
I usually have leftover book voucher money as I often manage to acquire digital versions of some textbooks, eliminating my need to buy them. I don't really have to worry about running out. Again, I was trying to spend within limits that I won't be constrained by once my refurbished Switch unit (plus some more electronics) is sold, earning me more money to break this constraint.

I wish I could could do the more challenging micro soldering that would be needed to repair my old Switch unit, but the tools for doing that cost several hundreds of dollars; tools I may not use too often. I also don't know the exact component that was causing problems, but it was most likely that the Wi-Fi chip was defective and need to be completely replaced.

All of the stores that carry new Switch units are very likely to have patched units stocked. I have no way of knowing the serial number of a particular unit without opening its package.

I was able to boot L4T Ubuntu on that old unit, but without working Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Worse, I had no official dock that would enable me to utilize USB devices, so I could not get internet access with that unit unless it was through a USB device. I might have more Linux success on another working unpatched unit, though.

Last edited by Worldblender,

switshgam0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today, after having sent in my old Switch unit last week (shipped to a Nintendo-authorized repair center on July 19), I received a refurbished one. It has the serial number of XAW94100xxxxxx. To my disappointment, this unit is ipatched, but I don't know if the stock OS version is <= 4.1.0. It seems more likely that this unit has 8.1.0 installed instead, but I can't test as I have no Joy-Cons to use. I tried the fusee-test.bin, and the screen didn't light up, and Hekate 5.0.0 didn't work either. That's how I determined that my new unit is ipatched.

Lol

Reactions: TerryG

JustIChris

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha man sounds like you're flapping. Take it as a lesson to be more careful with your money. Waiting a bit and getting exactly what you want is better than rushing into it.

Your only options are to A, sell it and save to buy a (full, with joycons) unpatched switch or B, Don't update it and pray that it gets updated. Either way, good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr