Hacking My Switch is downgradable to OFW 1.0.0. Is that a big deal nowadays?

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just wondering. My Switch is on Atmosphere 10.0.0, but I have the means to downgrade it back to 1.0.0. Wondering if a low firmware could at some point be exploited to allow cold boot into CFW, or something of the sorts.

Last edited by JGSM,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know if anyone would know the answer to that. I don't know much about the switch, but I would say it's possible but unlikely. I think all three companies have learned from their mistakes when it comes to a colossal fuckup allowing a coldboot hack.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, your issue might be playing games that require later firmware, needing keys not on the system. something a lot of people don't know is that it's possible to add keys to lower firmware on the ps3. however, the system has been known to become unstable or something which is why it's not recommended. there's a space on psdevwiki (a small paragraph, possibly in the keys section) that mentions that you can do that. what it doesn't mention is that it causes problems.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It says some niche advantages, but if you just want to play like normal you can just update to latest FW and use atmosphere

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly pretty useless.
There are people that have held off updating for ages that have convinced themselves otherwise.
Heres the reality.
If you really want a cold boot, you can use a modchip or trinket, it is that simple.
If some exploit does eventually come that allows coldbooting through other methods, going directly between CFW & official FW is incredibly likely to get you banned anway.
If your happy with your current setup you can always leave it, but if you do want to update, you might aswell just update.
Honestly the only reason id keep it low personally, would be maybe to sell it on ebay.
Probably get some idiot pay 1000$ + thinking hes struck gold or something.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering. My Switch is on Atmosphere 10.0.0, but I have the means to downgrade it back to 1.0.0. Wondering if a low firmware could at some point be exploited to allow cold boot into CFW, or something of the sorts.
Having the option is objectively better than not having the option because preventing fuses from being burnt involves AutoRCM which is already a useful tool.

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you'd probably be better updating.
But keep updating only without burning fuses, as it's still gives more value to your device without losing on anything.
Maybe one day there will be a permanent coldboot oslution for older firmwares and you'd be glad to have the choice x)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/1hliHj3.mp4