Question My Switch got Banned (2124-4508) what can i do with my account

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by LucioDragon, Jul 18, 2019.

1. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp's Official NAND/emuMMC multipurpose tool

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    Area 51
    You said you went online occasionally to update your games right?
    That got your console flagged which ultimately lead to it's inevitable ban.
    Never connect a hacked console online online because it ups the chance of getting kicked off online services.
    My hacked switch got banned 1 week I went online with it thereafter.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, plus there could be incriminating log files (SX OS doesn't redirect logs to SD like Atmo does)

NoNAND likes this.
  3. LucioDragon
    OP

LucioDragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    I went online but on ofw to update the games like mario tennis aces

NoNAND likes this.
  4. NoNAND

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    Area 51
    That's what led to all of this.
    You should have updated your games by using NSPs offline.
    But hey what's done is done. No use crying over spilt milk now.

5. LucioDragon
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    But aint updating them throught nsp would have been worse?
    Anyway yeah now im sure what to do, now to save money for a new Switch

NoNAND likes this.
  6. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    So currently on my real, online, mostly legit nand, I turned on Atmo (kosmos) temporarily just to run Choi for firmware updates, because I want to preserve fuses. Otherwise I'm using stock. If I'm going to use Atmo for Choi updates, does this suggest I'm safer running Atmo constantly to block log files? (Assuming no NSPs, save edits, or online hacking.)

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Jul 19, 2019
  7. NoNAND

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    Area 51
    As long as you get the update from from a trusted source it should be fine.
    Good luck on that BTW.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The log redirection only affects homebrew as far as I know. And obviously you need to be in CFW to run homebrew in the first place. So it shouldn't matter. But the only way to be safe is to stay offline or keep your CFW activities on an offline emuNAND.

9. wiifii

wiifii Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2007
    United States
    You are right 3 of my friends been updating via Nintendo Servers all 4 of us was banned 2 days back

jellybeangreen2 and stewacide like this.
  10. LucioDragon
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    I wanna say that there could be a ban wave because a friend of mine too got banned

11. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    All I read is pathetic excuses if & buts! You got banned for using your own genuine bought retail backups with the correct certificates... yeah cause you did! How many times have I heard that excuse before! Why don’t you just be honest about it and save people a lot time and just say I used a pirated xci back up online without a certificate? Or I used an nsp or shared a certificate injected with it.

Edit: by another switch set your old account back up on it and this time genuinely only use bought retail backs up with the required certificates attached and stop pulling all our pants down for a good laugh!

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 22, 2019
  12. LucioDragon
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    This is not about excuses, this is about how to keep using our accounts for fair use without homebrew, now stop clowning yourself

Draxzelex and OkazakiTheOtaku like this.
  13. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    No, it seems to be full of all about your bullshit storylines of a ban. You first say you received your ban in the op for using your own bought retail backups “which I doubt very much” and then later you go on to say it might be the fact you shared save files with those backups alongside many other excuses you have gone onto mention in the thread, just basically digging yourself a deeper hole as you go on. Nintendo would not ban your console just for using a personal retail game you bought and backed up with the original required certificate and use it online.. absolutely bull! the only person who’s clowning here is the people that believe your fantasy story! You can go onto use the same account on another switch that’s not the issue here, the issue is spreading ridiculous tales as to why you received your ban in the first place, it was not down to legit backups or any homebrew related apps, you know exactly why, your just not telling the whole truth!

Also instead of being a massive cock put your epeen back in your trousers and I just might be able to help you if you’re thinking about getting another clean exploitable switch!

Edit: @Draxzelex liked your comment only because he’s bitter about his ban, if he had followed the instructions right from the beginning like I told him he may still have an online switch but he didn’t and got a ban because he messed up on the card 1&2 certificate injection, so live with it man get over yourself stop like it wasn’t!

>Edit: no offence intended @Draxzelex you do some great research with your banning thread, it’s really very helpful to many old & new users alike so keep up the great work but I understand you I got my first switch banned for a very silly stupid YouTube reason I did. I have been there I know how it feels, it guts you! I got my sons switch banned that I share with him and he hated me for that I had just bought him Smash Bros as well when it happened, it was an awful feeling!

Last edited by Reecey, Jul 23, 2019
  14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If I may interject here, LucioDragon had been regularly providing status updates about his banning situation in my pinned banning thread no more than every month up until November then had a weird gap until April until he was finally banned in the recent banwave so I think someone who is that dedicated towards providing information is more than likely to be telling the truth. You can even go back through his posts in the banning thread to verify all of his claims except for the part about whether or not he owned the games which doesn't make any difference since Nintendo cannot verify you own them either. And I am in no way upset about his ban. In fact, it is the exact opposite (no offense to LucioDragon). It validates the point that I've been making that updating .XCI files even in OFW is unsafe (although I've already proven this many months ago). Unless that edit was referring to me which doesn't make sense? I am not banned yet. Lastly, I liked his comment because we don't need your negativity around here.

15. LucioDragon
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    Did i owned the xci? Nope
    Did i owned the games i bought for online? Yes
    Because i thought i would be fine enough with using sx os offline with xci, no nsp or anything of the sort
    And that using original games for online would masquerade myself
    Well i lasted a year, and well i wanna keep enjoying my online games, and Draxzelex thanks for your support, i'm glad i could help with the thread
    And Reecey, i saw you made a thread, at first i felt relieved but then the more i read into other threads i felt more unsure, thats why i went into making a thread of my own

Last edited by LucioDragon, Jul 23, 2019
    Draxzelex likes this.
  16. LucioDragon
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    Well tomorrow i will buy a new Switch
    After that i will de-register my primary console from the website.
    Then i will delete the account from my switch.
    After that i will call nintendo support (from Chile) about me moving my account because my switch got stolen
    And then in the new Switch i will log on my account
    Just to be sure i made a backup and then i deleted every save from every game i played, except the ones from the games i bought and play online.
    Im missing something i should do before anything else? Or something that is not necesary to do?

17. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Yes pretty much. You broken the rules. That's why I didn't get banned at all from Nintendo because I wont go online at all.. Not even eShop account. Stay away from them and you are safe. Now you are screw up.

18. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Italy
    No he probably got his console banned only, this happened to me a week ago and I just bought a new switch linked my account and re-downloaded my purchased games. Same reason some users mentioned here earlier, I've updated non-legit xci through nintendo servers and I was doing that for pretty much a year so definitely Nintendo came up with something recently and a ban wave happened.

19. jellybeangreen2

jellybeangreen2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    I personally wouldn't use your account on a genuine switch. Suck it up and just create a new one. - Unfortunately, you went online and used your account either, eShop or NSPs updated and called home.

The story of your switch being stolen won't wash with them, give it a try if you wish. I'm not exactly sure what the log files say that are sent back to Nintendo, but more than likely being;

Account related info
    IP related info
    and content related, activity etc.

If you're buying a new switch, create a brand new account. Don't link an account from a banned switch.

I personally wouldn't anyway.

20. LucioDragon
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    Went online only on ofw, never used nsp, now im using retroarch but is not linked to any account, and the message i got is that my console got restricted, not the account