My switch battery drained with atmosphere loaded.. black screen/no charge

tripster69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for help with this. Its been so long since I booted into rcm etc so can barely remember the steps. I have access to the following:

Macbook pro running osx
RCM jug
USB C cable

Left it on charge overnight but theres still no battery logo and the screen is black. It doesnt turn on atall.

Please advise on what actions to take!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for help with this. Its been so long since I booted into rcm etc so can barely remember the steps. I have access to the following:

Macbook pro running osx
RCM jug
USB C cable

Left it on charge overnight but theres still no battery logo and the screen is black. It doesnt turn on atall.

Sounds like the switch is in RCM mode already, if you have charged for awhile and it's all black screen still. Try hooking usb from pc to switch and open Tegra and push a payload (hekate_ctcaer.bin, etc)

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's always the computer not detecting it, seriously there's like a million of these threads and they all end with it randomly working
Yup. but sounds like OP may not know that an all black screen means it's in RCM mode. If it's working at all that is..

aphextwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like the switch is in RCM mode already, if you have charged for awhile and it's all black screen still. Try hooking usb from pc to switch and open Tegra and push a payload (hekate_ctcaer.bin, etc)
It sounds like I have the same issue too? Also been awhile for me. It won't power on at all and black screen but when I plug it into my PC, device manager sees APX device and TegraRCM says RCMDevice detected. I lost my jig....ugh. So its just stuck in RCM mode? I clicked on Inject payload but it just hangs....

Do I need the jig to do this even if it's already in RCM mode detected? Otherwise, I'm doing it now and it just hangs when I click on inject payload.

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Macbook pro running osx
RCM jug
USB C cable

Did you have AutoRCM enabled?

slasher_NOT_hacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N
Did you have AutoRCM enabled?
No i didnt i dont think i did.. And now that i plug it in with the charger it wont even display a charging 🔋 battery symbol and then i noticed when i plug in the official adapter to say my phone it doesnt register untill i unplug it and mount it in again. Even with say auto RCM off would it be able to power on?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
It's always the computer not detecting it, seriously there's like a million of these threads and they all end with it randomly working
I wouldn't say always. It happened to me once because the unit was completely dead. The rebug chip that I had for a year didn't do anything and neither did any of the PCs I plugged it in to with several cables.
N
No i didnt i dont think i did.. And now that i plug it in with the charger it wont even display a charging 🔋 battery symbol and then i noticed when i plug in the official adapter to say my phone it doesnt register untill i unplug it and mount it in again. Even with say auto RCM off would it be able to power on?
For future reference the battery symbol is displayed by the OS but RCM loads before the OS, so if it is charging while in RCM you won't get a symbol because the software that displays it isn't running yet. Same goes for anything on the screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM