My switch battery drained with atmosphere loaded.. black screen/no charge

tripster69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for help with this. Its been so long since I booted into rcm etc so can barely remember the steps. I have access to the following:

Macbook pro running osx
RCM jug
USB C cable

Left it on charge overnight but theres still no battery logo and the screen is black. It doesnt turn on atall.

Please advise on what actions to take!

BigOnYa

A Very-Large Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for help with this. Its been so long since I booted into rcm etc so can barely remember the steps. I have access to the following:

Macbook pro running osx
RCM jug
USB C cable

Left it on charge overnight but theres still no battery logo and the screen is black. It doesnt turn on atall.

Sounds like the switch is in RCM mode already, if you have charged for awhile and it's all black screen still. Try hooking usb from pc to switch and open Tegra and push a payload (hekate_ctcaer.bin, etc)

Milenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's always the computer not detecting it, seriously there's like a million of these threads and they all end with it randomly working

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

A Very-Large Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's always the computer not detecting it, seriously there's like a million of these threads and they all end with it randomly working
Yup. but sounds like OP may not know that an all black screen means it's in RCM mode. If it's working at all that is..

aphextwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like the switch is in RCM mode already, if you have charged for awhile and it's all black screen still. Try hooking usb from pc to switch and open Tegra and push a payload (hekate_ctcaer.bin, etc)
It sounds like I have the same issue too? Also been awhile for me. It won't power on at all and black screen but when I plug it into my PC, device manager sees APX device and TegraRCM says RCMDevice detected. I lost my jig....ugh. So its just stuck in RCM mode? I clicked on Inject payload but it just hangs....

Do I need the jig to do this even if it's already in RCM mode detected? Otherwise, I'm doing it now and it just hangs when I click on inject payload.

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Macbook pro running osx
RCM jug
USB C cable

Did you have AutoRCM enabled?

slasher_NOT_hacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N
Did you have AutoRCM enabled?
No i didnt i dont think i did.. And now that i plug it in with the charger it wont even display a charging 🔋 battery symbol and then i noticed when i plug in the official adapter to say my phone it doesnt register untill i unplug it and mount it in again. Even with say auto RCM off would it be able to power on?

CompSciOrBust

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I wouldn't say always. It happened to me once because the unit was completely dead. The rebug chip that I had for a year didn't do anything and neither did any of the PCs I plugged it in to with several cables.
N
No i didnt i dont think i did.. And now that i plug it in with the charger it wont even display a charging 🔋 battery symbol and then i noticed when i plug in the official adapter to say my phone it doesnt register untill i unplug it and mount it in again. Even with say auto RCM off would it be able to power on?
For future reference the battery symbol is displayed by the OS but RCM loads before the OS, so if it is charging while in RCM you won't get a symbol because the software that displays it isn't running yet. Same goes for anything on the screen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    praise be to gabe
    Gift
  • Tom Bombadildo @ Tom Bombadildo:
    It do be quite nice
    Gift
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i'll have to be content to play marioland on my BRAND NEW USEFUL FUNCTION MULTI GAME EMBODIED chinese trash
    Gift
    Great for emulation, and runs PC games better than my GPD Win 3 lol
    Gift
    Which I suppose I should get rid of at this point
    Gift
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i keep evertying till it's one big blue piece of battery crust
    Gift
    Yummy, that's the best part
    Gift
  • Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    I love how GBATemp randomly
    logs me out.
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    Take the hint, man
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    @Tom Bombadildo, upgrade the SSD init?
    Gift
    Apparently we have ancestors called Homo erectus
    Gift
    It was quite literally the first thing I did with it, never even turned it on with the stock 64GB lol
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    And several species of human existed, only sapiens survived
    Gift
    Nabbed 512GB for like $70
    Gift
    Ye I see them on eBay for about$60 but all are refurbished can't be that bad to get refurbished ones off eBay
    Gift
    Plan on getting a m.2 drive and 512gb SD card for roms
    Gift
    I've been looking into designing a small casing in the back of it actually, trying to integrate another 2230 M.2 slot along with as small a USB-C dock I can find to sort of make a plug and play M.2->USB expansion myself
    Gift
    Expand the storage with faster NVMe, and also have charging and maybe a micro HDMI port
    Gift
    But haven't had a whole lot of time to actually finish anything
    Gift
    Let me know if you managed anything I've thought about that being possible as well it would be nice to have that and maybe a built in mini HDMI port with 4 usbs
    Gift
    But freaking valve pushed my order to July even though I pre-ordered two days after release :angry:
    Gift
    I'll review it :tpi:
    Gift
    Won't be long before freaking china floods AliExpress with attachments
    Gift
  • smurgburglar @ smurgburglar:
    how do i get rid of or change the text underneath my username?
    Gift
    smurgburglar @ smurgburglar: how do i get rid of or change the text underneath my username?