My Supercard MiniSD doesn't recognize cards any more

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Gabelvampir, May 1, 2010.

1. Gabelvampir
    OP

Member Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Germany
    Hey,

today when I tried to use my Supercard Mini SD (haven't used it for a few weeks) it first displayed the normal menu but without any files. So I turned of the DS, popped the MiniSD card out to look for grime and put it back in. Then it didn't recognize the Mini SD card anymore, and my other card doesn't work too. The SD cards seem to be fine, so the Supercard is definitely the culprit. I already opened the card to look if the pins of the card reader have contact with the card, whoch they seem to have (tried this because that seems to be a common problem).
    Does anybody here have any idea what the problem could be (and perhaps how to fix it)?
    Thanks in advance.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you did it out of order. Put the supercard in first, then turn on the DS.

3. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I think your card is damaged, these supercard minisd's are cheap. Mine got damaged too for no apparent reason. Your better of with the EZ-Flash IV.

4. Gabelvampir
    OP

Germany
    Yeah it's pretty clear that it is damaged. But I want to try to repair it, because it worked for me problemfree for nearly 3 years now

5. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    There's a way to fix it, I'll look it up for ya, just give me a sec. There's no way you can be sure it'll work, but it's worth a try.

Read this topic thoroughly.

6. Gabelvampir
    OP

Germany
    Thank you, I'm reading the topic now. Will post if it helps or not.

7. Gabelvampir
    OP

Germany
    Hmm, it seems that my battery is empty, perhaps thats the problem. But the firmware has a battery empty warning as far as I know. And in the GBA of my roommate it finds the MiniSD card but doesn't display files. Like with me when I first turned it on yesterday. Except it always does that, with my DS it just did that once and now says it doesn't find the SD card. I'll try to find a replacement battery and change it, don't know if my soldering skills suffice for that.